• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm thread (not obs)

Rjay

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 700mb low will hopefully make some east progress soon, or the dryslot may make it onto Long Island. It's still making some headway north though it might be slowing down. Drier air is wrapping around to the east of it. 

The 500mb low closing off may slow the storm down some, but it's still embedded in the jet stream and will keep progressing east. Cutting off doesn't mean closing off. 

I'm sure there will be plenty more to come where I am, but unless that banding over NJ makes some good headway east, I'm struggling to see how my area and much of NYC will make warning criteria for amounts (although for impact during rush hour it's probably worth it). I have maybe an inch now. Either way, no complaints for March. 

Damn there's a power line hitting a huge pine tree and it's catching fire, and now the power just went
On a serious note. DO NOT go near that tree. The ground is likely energized and just because the power is out dies not mean the power is not flowing through the wire. Again, DO NOT GO NEAR THE TREE.

Honestly, not much utility IMO in the short range models so far. None of them had a dryslot invading into Long Island today and a megaband parking over central NJ. They had an axis of much heavier precip down here. I think snow will redevelop from the city east as the pivot looks to finally be happening, but the band looks to be weakening a bit. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived