• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm thread (not obs)

Rjay

Another fun snowfall guessing game, it could literally be anywhere from 1-12"+.

Have a feeling the dense cold acts to push the low further s&e. We see this a lot in winter where the modeled warm punch ends up being further south and east, and the low ends up further s&e near the gradient. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jm1220 said:

I put the crankywxguy post in the Vendor thread, please use that for posts about crankywxguy, DT, TV mets, etc. 

JM, I am ok with you moving my post, the only thing is even though it's from a vendor it's a storm specific post by him put into a storm specific thread on here. Shouldn't it stay here because it pertains to this storm?

4 hours ago, friedmators said:

wheres @donsutherland1. I am sure he has stats for the biggest busts of all times going back to the Cretaceous.

The 1989 storm was an incredible bust. Looking further back, the January 19-20, 1978 storm was a huge positive bust (forecast was heavy rain, but the outcome was heavy snow across much of the region, ending in some drizzle).

The only real negative aspect that I see with the Euro, and a trend that has occured with some of the other guidance today, is that the SLP doesn't deepen all that much. Looks like 991mb is about as low as it gets, where yesterday a lot of guidance had it sub 990mb. I mean it's not a huge difference and it's actually going to mean less wind, which is good, and higher ratios.

Just now, Neblizzard said:

Now we have a true model war.  The EURO hasn’t budged and is an ideal track for NYC.

It's not just an ideal track for NYC, I hate when people post that as if it's the only location that matters here. The Euro is an ideal track for just about the entire sub-forum outside of the twin forks, and even they don't do half bad.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

It's not just an ideal track for NYC, I hate when people post that as if it's the only location that matters here. The Euro is an ideal track for just about the entire sub-forum outside of the twin forks, and even they don't do half bad.

Sorry I should of named every location where it’s an ideal track , Jeez.   My point was the entire NYC metro 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived