• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm thread (not obs)

Rjay

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weatherbear5 said:

Wonder how much of that is snow vs rain at the coast. Only indicator is the 540 line, which won't be the best indicator or r/s line in this situation

Yea it will always be hard to tell on the Ukie in marginal situations.  Even the meteogram gives you limited info.  

1 minute ago, Tornadocane said:

Dude/duddete I'm having weenie-gasm just thinking about it.  God.  My call for Colonia, NJ is gonna be 11" of west snow.  Sorry I just don't think your in the G I mean S-Spot.  lol

Not sure what to make of all that, but I see you're in Hollywood Fl, so I make allowances:) My late folks owned a place on Atlantic St for over 20 years, I visited maybe twice, hate FL with a passion....way too hot, bugs and lizards that get in your house, giant cockroaches, invasive species. ugh. Only saving grace is the fishing isn't bad. Check out the Sea Legs in Dania, nice party boat, been in the family for generations. Ask the mate for the good bait, not the tourist stuff....

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

Not sure what to make of all that, but I see you're in Hollywood Fl, so I make allowances:) My late folks owned a place on Atlantic St for over 20 years, I visited maybe twice, hate FL with a passion....way too hot, bugs and lizards that get in your house, giant cockroaches, invasive species. ugh. Only saving grace is the fishing isn't bad. Check out the Sea Legs in Dania, nice party boat, been in the family for generations. Ask the mate for the good bait, not the tourist stuff....

Make of it what your want.  I lived in Paramus NJ for 23 years of my life.  I have no dog in this fight as the only thing I can hope for in regards to exciting weather from this system is a brief thunderstorm and 35 MPH winds. yawn.  I've been through tropical waves with 6 hours of constant thunderstorms and 40+ MPH winds and a couple of TS/Hurridances.   During the last event I went low.  This even I'm going high.  The next even I'm going high.  The pattern came together people.  You guys are going to get it.  The GFS is out to lunch in regards to Temperature and Precipitation.  I see a primary in the Great Lakes providing some nice front-end snow and pulling a coastal low and accompanying heavy subtropical moisture into NYC Metro/SNE, and then the coastal low pulling ENE as a result of influence from the West Atlantic low that hit the area last Thursday.  It doesn't get much better.  And if it got alot better it would be a BECs.

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

Hi-res are all on the same page, pretty much to the T.

Except it's still snowing hard with 20"+ already on the ground on the gem-lam.  It usually doesn't go this bonkers.  It went bonkers with the last storm too.  It didn't account  for the boundary layer correctly in my area. 

Just now, Rjay said:

Except it's still snowing hard with 20"+ already on the ground on the gem-lam.  It usually doesn't go this bonkers.  It went bonkers with the last storm too.  It didn't account  for the boundary layer correctly in my area. 

Well it actually has less QPF thru 48 than 3k NAM and RGEM. Thankfully rates like this make the BL pretty irrelevant. 

5 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I'd like to see the secret extended version of that. 

Lol.  It actually is quite useful inside 24 hours.  At least it used to be.  Not sure if an upgrade turned it into the Canadian version of the 3k NAM.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived