• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm thread (not obs)

Rjay

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

The Euro being well east is enough to give pause. It can absolutely be right and if so, NYC west would likely see little accumulation again.

We will know by 12z. The euro has been awful this year but with that being said you still want it to be on your side 

8 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

The Euro being well east is enough to give pause. It can absolutely be right and if so, NYC west would likely see little accumulation again.

What did the Euro and EPS show for the immediate metro?  Looked like the EPS leaned west so we do have that.

9 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Hope most get their power back up before. The 00z NAM I hear is coming in juicy.

It's so cold in the house now. I haven't slept more than about 90 minutes at a time since Friday because I'm keeping a fire going in the fireplace. I'm starting to worry about the chimney because I'm not burning the greatest wood at this point. 

I want to wake up to a hot cup of coffee after a good night's sleep. I want to sit down on a warm toilet seat. I want to wash my hands. I want to take a shower. I want it to be 70* outside today. I'm tired of listening to the drone of generators for 70 hours now. I really want to kick NYSEG right square in the mutha f'n balls for not cutting trees back from the powerlines so this sh*t wouldn't be able to happen!

5 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

The EPS matched the op, there were definitely west leaning members but the mean matched the op

I strongly disagree that the EPS mean matched the op... there were several more West members as opposed to east members. So that in average would suggest a further west track is more likely.

Just now, allgame830 said:

I strongly disagree that the EPS mean matched the op... there were several more West members as opposed to east members. So that in average would suggest a further west track is more likely.

Yes the EPS mean is about 50 miles further west than the OP

Just now, allgame830 said:

Yea I agree. Anyway, the 12z runs will be telling, lets see whether the CMC/EUR are outliers or are leading the way.

6 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

It's so cold in the house now. I haven't slept more than about 90 minutes at a time since Friday because I'm keeping a fire going in the fireplace. I'm starting to worry about the chimney because I'm not burning the greatest wood at this point. 

I want to wake up to a hot cup of coffee after a good night's sleep. I want to sit down on a warm toilet seat. I want to wash my hands. I want to take a shower. I want it to be 70* outside today. I'm tired of listening to the drone of generators for 70 hours now. I really want to kick NYSEG right square in the mutha f'n balls for not cutting trees back from the powerlines so this sh*t wouldn't be able to happen!

Yea man I feel bad for ya and all the others without power still... I am extremely shocked on how long it’s taking for areas to get the power back... from what I heard 90% will be back by Tuesday night which is a cause of concern because a lot of people will not have the available resources to keep them in the loop for Wednesday storm. 

1 minute ago, Neblizzard said:

Yes the EPS mean is about 50 miles further west than the OP

Just now, ILoveWinter said:

Yea I agree. Anyway, the 12z runs will be telling, lets see whether the CMC/EUR are outliers or are leading the way.

Thank you for agreeing on what the corrext information is!!  Snowman19 always looks to post wrong and neglect information... just read bro don’t post. 

31 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Probably some ridiculous snowfall rates in the banding with such strong instability. Almost looks like a summer EML with these steep mid-level lapse rates.

Showalter Index:          -1.29 C Risk: Thunderstorms probable
Total Totals Index:       59.51 C Risk: Severe Thunderstorms probable

GFS and NAM from 06Z both have 100+ J/kg of CAPE based around 650mb Wed afternoon.  That plus some extreme frontogenesis spells a good risk for TSSN if these solutions hold.

13 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

Yea man I feel bad for ya and all the others without power still... I am extremely shocked on how long it’s taking for areas to get the power back... from what I heard 90% will be back by Tuesday night which is a cause of concern because a lot of people will not have the available resources to keep them in the loop for Wednesday storm. 

I concerned for more tree damage with a heavy wet snow. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived