• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm thread (not obs)

Rjay

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

That tucked would create issues for alot of this subforum...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My rule on March storms....based solely on history...is that while possible to get them, there are so many ways for them to not deliver much snow that I no longer get excited until the storm is underway and we are under heavy bands, and they are accumulating. It snowed nicely here the other day, but did not accumulate, even though it flipped to all snow early in the day. I'd say we're too far out to do anything but fantasize at this time, and while , like most here, I'd love to see it happen, if I were a betting man ( and I'm not ) I'd bet this finds a way to miss or mix. But I'll be here watching and hoping with you all.

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

I can't remember another March with 3 such intense March storms in the first 12 days. I guess we should start calling this Stratmegeddon.;)

Hopefully not missed opportunitiesmegeddon!!

have you seen the waves today? I just got back from Vermont and going to take pics at jones beach right now. Apparently they are incredible!!!

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

have you seen the waves today? I just got back from Vermont and going to take pics at jones beach right now. Apparently they are incredible!!!

Massive erosion

7 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

The swells have been locking great on the local surf cams. I had two high tides in a row here on the GSB with moderate flooding.

https://thesurfersview.com/live-cams/new-york/long-beach-cam-and-surf-report

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/ny/nwis/uv?site_no=01309225

11 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

So put on the wet suit dude.....any maniacs surf fishing yet?

3 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The swells have been locking great on the local surf cams. I had two high tides in a row here on the GSB with moderate flooding.

https://thesurfersview.com/live-cams/new-york/long-beach-cam-and-surf-report

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/ny/nwis/uv?site_no=01309225

I misread that as surf clams and couldn't figure what you meant....

20 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

..i went down to Pikes Beach in Westhampton Dunes..waves were incredible..no washovers but

high tide marks were right up to the dunes..on the bay side flooding was def. an issue for some homes.

3 hours ago, bluewave said:

I can't remember another March with 3 such intense March storms in the first 12 days. I guess we should start calling this Stratmegeddon.;)

The 500 mb map Brooklyn posted away last week was a 5 days prior to 15 inch NYC storm map that  overlayed nicely with snowmageddon

Thats why I believed this to be a multi event 10 day period.

There are 2 major systems the first one is of the 6 to 12 type of system , the second has real 12 to 24 type potential.

( that doesn't mean everyone , but for someone ) .

Now where they intersect ( I believe it will for someone ) it will considered the best week of winter.

Lets line Wed up first , I would like that to focus on I 95 , but think N and W will do well and probably LI as this really tightens out towards the BM

4 minutes ago, PB COLTS NECK NJ said:

The 500 mb map Brooklyn posted away last week was a 5 days prior to 15 inch NYC storm map that  overlayed nicely with snowmageddon

Thats why I believed this to be a multi event 10 days 

There are 2 major systems the first one is of the 6 to 12 type of system , the second has real 12 to 24 type potential.

( that doesn't mean everyone , but for someone ) .

Now where they intersect ( I believe it will for someone ) it will considered the best week of winter.

Lets line Wed up first , I would like that to focus on I 95 , but think N and W will do well and probably LI as this really tightens out towards the BM

Might just be a very snowy March; that second storm, when is the timeframe for that one?

7 minutes ago, Franklin0529 said:

What's the nam looking like? 

I only have it out to 48 on tidbits, but just looking at it leads me to believe it may be further west... stronger ridging out ahead of the trough, s/w trying to swing around the base of the ULL in the Midwest earlier and earlier interaction with the Canadian s/w.

Need to see how it plays out, however

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived