SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 5-7 pos Storm

Hoosier

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Band of snow on Tuesday went to the north and stalled. 1 to 2 inches that melted by noon on Tuesday.

Tuesday snowed for 9 hours in the evening and overnight...coating...while everybody to the east got several inches.

Wednesday morning: Sunny with lake effect snow band holding off shore to the west and coming in down south.

Tab3FileL.png?42e5cf60cabf09c937be887a3400d725

The community I live and work in makes up that tiny sliver of least amount of snow you see in West-Central Michigan. My wife finally scolded me this morning because I couldn't contain the frustration any more. :weep:

Im not complaining on this one, mostly because it is nice to see Alpena and the Thumb get a good storm albeit from a weird direction. They have had one heck of a snow drought over the last 10 years in both locations so it is good to see them cash in on a biggie.

30 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Im not complaining on this one, mostly because it is nice to see Alpena and the Thumb get a good storm albeit from a weird direction. They have had one heck of a snow drought over the last 10 years in both locations so it is good to see them cash in on a biggie.

I was just thinking the same thing.

6 hours ago, Stebo said:

I'm not complaining because honestly I didn't expect much out of it and it's been a good winter. I mean it was a disappointment overall, but that area of heavy snow that hit northern Oakland and Livingston County with such a narrow band.  No gripes about snow in the thumb in Saginaw Valley, they desperately were due. We had several rounds of snow that coated the ground then melted over the last 2 days, total snowfall however over those 2 days was only 0.6" imby and 0.8" DTW.   Wherever there are old patches of snow they got a fresh coating on them, otherwise it's grass. Up at work in farmington hills, they got about two inches, But they had some melting this afternoon. If you going to have a system disappoint, might as well be in March after you've already had a good season. 60.3" imby and 58.5" at DTW.

10 hours ago, beavis1729 said:

:lmao:

Temps definitely didn't help with this thing.  I went back and checked obs from Monday and the city generally stayed a couple degrees above freezing during the precip.  Areas well north/west were a degree or two cooler, and hence did a bit better with accumulations (though still light).

Archived