• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 5-7 pos Storm

Hoosier

Rain gauge showing 0.38" for the event, but figuring in the sleet that bounced out, and whatever moisture was in the snow probably had us closer to 3/4" of total precip in my estimation.  Picked up 0.2" of snow accumulation.  Thunder eluded us yet again.  Very fun little system though as it turned out.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Measured 7.2" here just east of La Crosse on the ridge tops as of 10 p.m., and it is still snowing lightly. Color me impressed by this one with convective rates of 1-2" per hour while winds gusted to 45 mph earlier this afternoon. Biggest storm of the season for us. Might have to "un-cancel" winter, though not by much.

11 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

Still look on track for a DAB around here with this event.

Most of that will fall this evening with the sleet/snow combo, though might add a bit tomorrow with snow squalls...Rain mixed in, temps and time of day might limit that though.

Spot on.

lol...this is classic...if the lake machine is turned off, the West-central Michigan snow screw hole comes on in full force. Of course band of snow moves north and then we get stuck in the dry air screw zone, while....SE Michigan gets MORE snow again. lol...with a touch of insanity....Whew, this making me salty.

Tab3FileL.png?877836af73ba0455a932faea029c2018

1 hour ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Purple over my house. toss.

It's possible, not holding my breath against it, but it is possible. How the northern stream interacts with the southern stream as they both rotate around (due to the strong block) will depend on if we can have a sustained snow band for a few hours. Let's see what today's models show.  

Edit: Spoke too soon, 12z back to SEMI special. 

5 minutes ago, Powerball said:

I'm dying from laughter right now at the responses. :lmao:

Even with the worst-looking systems and setups, Detroit seems to somehow reel in a modest hit. 

This is me looking at model runs and radar: :rolleyes:

About 1% of me wants to live in Atlanta too after these "pos" winters....

1 hour ago, blackrock said:

Some of the 12Z runs seem to be showing the Low pressure retrograding its way through Michigan on Thursday and strengthening a bit. Could end up being a surprise for some.

Probably not either one of us.  DTW for the win regardless of what a model may show :unsure:

This morning 0.3" of snow fell which then melted as temperatures actually rose into the 40s. Still some patches of old snow left in shaded areas though, as well as piles. That brought me to 60.0" on the season, and Detroit officially is now at 58.0". I can confirm that parachutes were falling tonight however only a very light additional slush accumulation is seen. This event screamed model difficulty from the start, amd i had/have low expectations for this one despite how well we have done all Winter. I am more intrested in Thursday, we will see how that goes.

2 hours ago, Stebo said:

Someone is going to be crushed in NW Oakland County over to Jonger. It is absolutely coming down in that band.

0115 AM     HEAVY SNOW       HARTLAND                42.66N 83.75W
03/07/2018  M8.0 INCH        LIVINGSTON         MI   PUBLIC

6 HR DURATION.

0200 AM     HEAVY SNOW       ORTONVILLE              42.85N 83.44W
03/07/2018  E5.0 INCH        OAKLAND            MI   PUBLIC

7 HR DURATION.

0247 AM     HEAVY SNOW       4 E WHITE LAKE          42.65N 83.43W
03/07/2018  M6.9 INCH        OAKLAND            MI   OFFICIAL NWS OBS

7 HR DURATION.

Archived