Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, snowman21 said:

OKX sliced about 25% off their accumulations in the CT zones. One more cut and they'll basically be back to where they were 12-18 hours ago.

BOX keeps upping mine. 6 inches this morning has turned into 12 to 18 . Come get it I don't want it . 

7 minutes ago, JKEisMan said:

I'm not in New Fairfield for this one, unfortunately. But my parents said that they are nearing 10" and heaviest snow all day (elevation is 800' at Sherman/New Fairfield border).

Yea, thats an anomoly. Everyone else is experiencing crap snow growth all day besides a couple bursts when the band went through. But it was expected we bang by 1-2pm and we have not. The east trends severely hurt our chances to tickle the CF. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, thats an anomoly. Everyone else is experiencing crap snow growth all day besides a couple bursts when the band went through. But it was expected we bang by 1-2pm and we have not. The east trends have severely hurt our chances to tickle the CF. 

I think being further west is helping with this one, just like the last one.  They are right on the NY state border.  I have a friend in Ridgefield, also west side and at elevation saying they're probably around 6-7".

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, thats an anomoly. Everyone else is experiencing crap snow growth all day besides a couple bursts when the band went through. But it was expected we bang by 1-2pm and we have not. The east trends have severely hurt our chances to tickle the CF. 

It’s been snowing like a mofo here after noon time. I’d have to measure but EASILY 6” for sure. And it is still dumping right now. May have to do with orographic lift up this way. Over 1200ft of elevation to help. 

14 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, thats an anomoly. Everyone else is experiencing crap snow growth all day besides a couple bursts when the band went through. But it was expected we bang by 1-2pm and we have not. The east trends severely hurt our chances to tickle the CF. 

Keep the faith, Berg. It has really taken off down here. I'm finally accumulating decently. Your time is gonna come.

Archived