Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea man. I felt it for days now but I could not let the weenie out too much, but it’s starting to poke through the jammies this morning. Cautiously optimistic for high end of the ranges. GL over there sir. 

I'm gonna get more than you....just saying.  LOL

Guidance came back up intensity wise, and coastal MA is definitely in for 6-8 hrs of gale force winds. I have to imagine many of the dunes/barriers have been eroded or destroyed after Friday’s beast, so this one will be signficantly more impactful than it otherwise would be in terms of coastal flooding as well. Wave forecasts are 16-21 ft which is quite high and may be due in part to residual wave energy from Friday’s storm that remained in the western Atlantic through Monday.

Track will also maximize duration of easterly flow, and we have more of a gradient component to this with a 1025 mb HP north of NS.

27 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He’s usually in the right spot maybe our lucky rabbit’s foot. But Bethel? lol. At least do Newtown for a positive (weather) story. For good reasons.

Ha right down the road, maybe he will get plent of thundersnow to play in....woke up to almost an inch already. Currently 30.9/29....

Archived