Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Same as GFS, but higher resolution. Different assimilation than currently being used, but not the same as the Euro. You can find positives and negatives for that, so we'll see what happens. But MOS will go away since we won't have those models to base it off of, and we won't have the stats for the new one yet.

I've seen NGGPS and FV3 both used, but who knows where it'll settle. Maybe it'll be like when the AVN became the GFS and people just kept calling it the AVN.

It took a while for me to stop hearing AVN, prob a good 3-4 years....some model sites still have it listed as AVN too, and it hasn't been the AVN since 2002. :lol:

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It took a while for me to stop hearing AVN, prob a good 3-4 years....some model sites still have it listed as AVN too, and it hasn't been the AVN since 2002. :lol:

I always loved the story about Owen pronouncing it ay-vin in front of Kocin and getting corrected that it was A-V-N. 

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I always loved the story about Owen pronouncing it ay-vin in front of Kocin and getting corrected that it was A-V-N. 

Lol...that was classic. Talk about choking when the stakes were high. Kocin wrote the CCAMS forecast that day too and signed it "Kocin '77"....lol...that was awesome.

Archived