Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I'm not even sure that's a classic man paste sounding. I mean yeah, it's >0C from 950mb or so down, but I love me a good old fashioned 0C isothermal blue bomb sounding from like 850mb down.

I'm lying in bed watching the Bruins taking occasional shots at people who are actually looking at latest modeling so don't take me too seriously 

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Just watched your buddy Pete B start the back pedaling.  Said he's "really wrestling with where R/S line sets up".

Yeah my days of watching those guys are pretty much over… Whatever that means. 

I think the last time I saw his broadcast gosh I want to say 2007? It was on the heels of that inferno autumn we seemed like would never break and then it did in late January. I notice than that he was kind of stuck in the warm mode as our first snowstorm coming out of that nightmare he wouldn't budge and he was wrong of course. I remember thinking that he might have a warm bias but I didn't know him at the time so I just sort of whatever but then I've been hearing it lately on here and I can't help remembering back to that moment that I saw that it's kind of weird.

That all said he did actually call for rain... ironically, I did see one of his casts while running on the treadmill at the gym. Rain for the big nor'easter but I think a blind man throwing darts at a bull's-eye convention probably would have hit that call that thing was just a big disaster for everyone and everything

Just now, Mason said:

Great thread to follow, thanks to all. I'm still learning about the area's climate (moved to Springfield recently). Exciting stuff. Is Springfield at a disadvantage for this storm due to its low elevation? Too warm at the lower levels?

Codfishsnowman would love to have a word with you. 

2 minutes ago, Mason said:

Great thread to follow, thanks to all. I'm still learning about the area's climate (moved to Springfield recently). Exciting stuff. Is Springfield at a disadvantage for this storm due to its low elevation? Too warm at the lower levels?

You'll be good for 8-10" I would think, especially with the bump east.  Don't be afraid to post more, just understand this is a salty and jocular crew.

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah my days of watching those guys are pretty much over… Whatever that means. 

I think the last time I saw his broadcast gosh I want to say 2007? It was on the heels of that inferno autumn we seemed like would never break and then it did in late January. I notice than that he was kind of stuck in the warm mode as our first snowstorm coming out of that nightmare he wouldn't budge and he was wrong of course. I remember thinking that he might have a warm bias but I didn't know him at the time so I just sort of whatever but then I've been hearing it lately on here and I can't help remembering back to that moment that I saw that it's kind of weird.

That all said he did actually call for rain... ironically, I did see one of his casts while running on the treadmill at the gym. Rain for the big nor'easter but I think a blind man throwing darts at a bull's-eye convention probably would have hit that call that thing was just a big disaster for everyone and everything

Plenty of storms in the past that have appeared that way ended up much differently..easy to say in hindsight, but had the system's departure been slowed by a few hours it could have easily been different.

8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Just watched your buddy Pete B start the back pedaling.  Said he's "really wrestling with where R/S line sets up".

Also, feel free to notice his painful attempts to sound cool when delivering the forecasts. He literally used the term 'woke' during tonight's forecast and I laughed out loud. 

screen_shot_2017_07__sllDe.jpg

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Plenty of storms in the past that have appeared that way ended up much differently..easy to say in hindsight, but had the system's departure been slowed by a few hours it could have easily been different.

Ah crap I meant to say missed that call sorry dude - it's my stupid phone

4 minutes ago, MarkO said:

NAM map 10:1 looks reasonable. I don't think you need to take the 2/3 approach for up north due to ratios, but apply the 1/3 discount for MA. Gives me about 8, Ray about 6 and 128 about 3 and Boston about an inch or two. I do think ASH gets a foot, and HubbDave, Dendrite and Gene a foot+ up to 18"

If I get 6" or less, I'll change my screen name to MarkO Jr.

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

How pasty is the paste job? How much in the way of power issues? 

I have a feeling there is def going to be a swath of decent power outages. Not the extent of Halloween 2011 or anything, but maybe something a little more robust than 2/5/16

Archived