Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Too bad the NWS is disregarding it.

This is a couple hours old, but...

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discussions/hpcdiscussions.php?disc=pmdhmd

Preference: non 12Z GFS blend Confidence: Slightly above average Regarding the surface low forecast to track north along the Northeast coast on Wednesday and Wednesday night, ECMWF/GEFS/CMC ensemble trends have not shown much in the way westward/eastward trends since yesterday, but perhaps a subtle shift to the west valid 00Z/08 and 12Z/08. The deterministic guidance has also only shown minor movement since yesterday except the UKMET which has trended west since yesterday through its 00Z/06 cycle and then slightly east with its 12Z/06 cycle. The strength looks similar regarding the surface to 500 mb lows in all of the guidance except early in the forecast regarding a sub-5280 m low situated over Iowa at 12Z. The 12Z NAM/GFS, RAP show a 5280 m contour valid 12Z/07 over the Ohio valley whereas the 12Z ECMWF/UKMET/CMC do not. Considering only minor trends in the guidance through today's 12Z cycle, The 12Z GFS surface low track looks to be on the western side of the available model spread while the remaining 12Z guidance is similar to one another. The result is a warmer surface to 850 mb layer in the 12Z GFS compared to the remaining guidance. A growing consensus seems to be for a non 12Z GFS solution for this system through Thursday.

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

dead nutz with current conditions, GFS NAM already too far NW

I really didn't think the differences started showing until tomorrow on the models...

Its really at hour 36 that I think the models really start to diverge.  Normally I see this and think interior whopper on the way but then the EURO jumps way east before resuming the north motion.

If it doesn't make that jump from this panel to the next, it really wouldn't be that much different.  It heads out to that convection out over the ocean.

p8s3fu0.png

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

Hopefully it is smoking crack with thermals...probably is but you never know

It makes me feel better to see it is sleeting down in VA right now with temps in the mid 40s. The upper levels are much colder this go round. With dynamics, I think we'll do better.

Archived