Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WthrJunkyME said:

First time all winter I feel locked in for some great snow and Thursday happens to be my birthday!  Unfortunately, I suffered a heart attack Saturday night.  Thank you to dryslot’s neighbors in Lewiston for saving my sorry ass!  Proud owner of two stents, no restrictions, feel great and will be blowing snow Thursday. :D  I am in complete awe of medical science right now.

Glad you're doing ok and good luck with the recovery! My great uncle was shooting skeet a few weeks ago and had a massive heart attack. Luckily he had people with him who got his heart going again. A bypass and a new valve later, he's good as new!

2 minutes ago, willyvonka said:

Went from WSW this morning for 12-15", isolated 20"

To WWA for 2-4" just now

:blink:

Never seen such a drastic update.

NWS has a WWA for Lexington … and a point forecast for 10-14"

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 2.57.04 PM.png

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

WTH was Hoth talking about with CT qpf screwgie

I didn't mean it was a bad result overall. I'll be very happy if things play out like that. I just noted that for several runs you'll get 1.5-1.7 QPF down in Jersey over to southern NY, then it levels off in CT around 1, then heads back up to 1.6-1.8 to our northeast. That's all. In March, the shot at a double digit snowfall is pretty awesome in these parts.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

OK. yea thought heights were low out head with the southern stream dragging a tick but then I look at surface colors and it was closer in initially.

Looks a bit west to me with the SLP over NJ pretty much noise at this point though.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

OK. yea thought heights were lower out head with the southern stream dragging a tick but then I look at surface colors and it was closer in initially.

Yeah its better to focus on H5 early on rather than the slp placement...that can shift slightly even indepedent of H5...H5 will much more telling later on of how warm/cold, east/west the track is later on.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah its better to focus on H5 early on rather than the slp placement...that can shift slightly even indepedent of H5...H5 will much more telling later on of how warm/cold, east/west the track is later on.

OK. yea H5 should yield a colder solution and a kick east as it gets to NJ. This should be ‘better’ then.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Trough continues to sharpen. This looks a little west to me at H500...

1 hour ago, WthrJunkyME said:

First time all winter I feel locked in for some great snow and Thursday happens to be my birthday!  Unfortunately, I suffered a heart attack Saturday night.  Thank you to dryslot’s neighbors in Lewiston for saving my sorry ass!  Proud owner of two stents, no restrictions, feel great and will be blowing snow Thursday. :D  I am in complete awe of medical science right now.

woa.. that's not light treading ... 

glad ur alright.   curious ...what was that like.  were you just fine then boom...  or were there warning signs - when it happened, what was the symptoms.  seems lots of heart issues in society all the sudden.  hmm

Archived