Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MarkO said:

This is a rain event for Boston south and east. 1-3 before the deluge inside 128, 3-6 for 128-495, 6-8 for Merrimack Valley-Coastal NH, and 8-12+ for Worcester Hills, Southern NH North and West.

I love these definitive statements despite disagreement among models. Just like last storm. 

Some are due for an absolute dud of a forecast. 

8 minutes ago, MarkO said:

This is a rain event for Bleadn south and east. 1-3 before the deluge inside 128, 3-6 for 128-495, 6-8 for Merrimack Valley-Coastal NH, and 8-12+ for Worcester Hills, Southern NH North and West.

Very plausable

If we Had a colder airmass in place maybe different but 495 Or close maybe diving line if this is tucky

12 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Pretty obvious at H5 as early as 24 hours that this would tuck more and threaten our snow here... we will need trough to get squashed and the system to kick east after it closes like last night's runs, otherwise we are warm and dryslot. 12z Euro will be critical guidance for us.

I said that early on but I remember a couple chuckled about it 

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

What? you have be effin kidding me.

lol. 
Tensions are high.  People are stealing other people's snow...Philly cops have been hired to grease bridge railings and poles all over Eastern SNE to keep depressed snow weenies from climbing them...and yet we wait...We wait for an absolution.  One that may never come nor satisfy. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

We beast shed. Ray rejoice.

I'll admit that some of the guidance has me spooked a bit out near 495 where I am....but in the end, I think I should be fine at 400 feet with some longitude. I think the 12zNAM/06zGFS would have to take all the marbles against the Euro in basically a clean sweep to bring big trouble out here....but you still get nervous.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'll admit that some of the guidance has me spooked a bit out near 495 where I am....but in the end, I think I should be fine at 400 feet with some longitude. I think the 12zNAM/06zGFS would have to take all the marbles against the Euro in basically a clean sweep to bring big trouble out here....but you still get nervous.

I'm wondering if I'm ok out here even. I have an extra 100' but didn't see this much of tick west this close in coming. At least I'll see snow this time, last storm was definitely humbling.

Just now, highways1 said:

I'm wondering if I'm ok out here even. I have an extra 100' but didn't see this much of tick west this close in coming. At least I'll see snow this time, last storm was definitely humbling.

You'll be fine...even in the 12z NAM scenario you are still mostly snow....though admittedly close to a lot less. But I doubt the 12z NAM takes this all the way into the endzone....it's going to give some back IMHO.

Archived