Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WxBlue said:

Understand it might be too amplified, but I don't like seeing the low track over SE MA. Way too close for comfort IMBY.

Embrace the canal track and play with fire. That's the prime spot for a S NH crusher. 

Just now, WxBlue said:

Understand it might be too amplified, but I don't like seeing the low track over SE MA. Way too close for comfort IMBY.

The circulation tightens up by the time it gets to SE MA, so we should see the gradient tighten up on the North/West side of the circulation with heights crashing. I'm not concerned for us. Hampton beach area on south, is getting close to some taint, I agree...but that was already well reflected in the EPS probs.

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Having the GFS and NAM together only means they're united in their terribleness.

Careful......wouldn't put them to bed just yet.  NAM is definitely more amped for sure which is probably causing the closer track.  If GFS holds course and Euro comes West then NAM for the win.  If GFS caves to Euro more than we can probably say its the Nam being the Nam.

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s going to be pretty aggravating if the euro caves. I don’t care how well it scores. This would be a massive fail here.

The NAM is a cold rain here. I’d rather get zero snow if it’s going to be meaningless slop 

You're prob cooked even if the Euro wins the compromise between NAM/GFS solutions. You can't really afford much room.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

This H5 pattern supports the low track near NJ though and then kissing SNE coast. I know it's the NAM, but it's not like I can laugh at that solution like I normally do at the NAM. I can't help but think the euro comes west. Even if the NAM is too amped, it's tough for BOS area to have a snowy scenario unless the euro solution verified. Definitely an interior event.

Agree, the way that trough is digging you expect earlier capture and tighter track... with jackpots maybe NEPA - western SNE - CNE... 

For our interests in eastern SNE, we gotta hope Euro has better handling of the block and the entire trough is squashed east just in time like the 0z NAM  

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Can't rule it out either but just my uneducated opinion.  I'm not talking wilding different either.  Maybe 20-30 miles.

Oh I agree for sure with you there as well, but that scraping of Long Island and more east than northeast will do wonders for sure. Curious to see the rest of the 12z suite here shortly.

10 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s pretty crazy to see most outlets and forecasters taking a steaming dump on the euro. Its the outlier... but I’d be pretty nervous forecasting 1-2” down here when the euro continues to show 12-18”.

Just odd to see the euro completely tossed 

But at this point it is much older info.

1 minute ago, WintersComing said:

Careful......wouldn't put them to bed just yet.  NAM is definitely more amped for sure which is probably causing the closer track.  If GFS holds course and Euro comes West then NAM for the win.  If GFS caves to Euro more than we can probably say its the Nam being the Nam.

Oh I expect the Euro to come west a bit, I just think the uber-amped solutions are out to lunch. GFS has been notoriously bad with east coast cyclogenesis, and the NAM is the NAM. I still think we compromise with a track just SE of Montaulk and over the elbow.  

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s going to be pretty aggravating if the euro caves. I don’t care how well it scores. This would be a massive fail here.

The NAM is a cold rain here. I’d rather get zero snow if it’s going to be meaningless slop 

Hey, you've had a 20"er this winter already, haven't you? Can't complain.

Archived