Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I had to take Calc 1 & 2 for my environmental science degree, but never used it for anything.

I've used it from time to time for some calculations for testing but mostly use mechanics and strength of materials formulas, which I guess is calc based, but I can't recall using derivative equations in 30 years, other than maybe a few times

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Lol...the calc part was a waste for me.  Gawd those classes were hard.  Glad I got to take stats and Fortran for math requirements after those. 

My favorite undergrad classes were glacial and Pleistocene geology, Hydro, Anything with Dr. Eby, who is still there...

After the Perfect Storm my oceanology class spent 3 weeks examining eroded dunes layers. Learned a ton about overwash and glacial layers 

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Must get pretty heated around the water cooler in between the baby pictures.

Like the Battle of Mohács. 

And, of course, on the topic at hand, I wonder whether a slightly further east solution resulting in higher totals or the recently projected mix/paste would be more impactful in recovering areas of SNE. Winds don’t look as potent as the last system, but the weight of wet snow brings the threshold of what it takes for winds to be damaging down quite a bit. 

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Jan 11 was an interesting storm where this area got 14-18" while areas E of here in the Quabbin hill towns got less and then more again from HubbaDave to ORH.

26 here in that one, despite dipping into the dry slot for an hour in the middle of the night.

Archived