Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The stall over ACK is pretty incredible for parts of SNE and SE NH...that turns a major storm into a HECS for some. Not biting quite yet (still leery of the gulf of maine stall instead as Ray was mentioning last night)...but if we indeed see a further S stall, then we can start talking much more prolific amounts.

Would places on the South Shore have to deal with tree crushing paste or a cold heavy rain?  I can tell you around here the destruction and clean up from this past weekend is still quite a tall task.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol tries to bring rain to ORH with -1C at 925.  Good luck getting that to happen.

There would prob be a CF though somewhere over E MA....the immediate coastline may get rain contamination for a time...hard to say for sure...but you'd almost certainly be pasting prolific amounts west of at least 128...maybe even closer in.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The stall over ACK is pretty incredible for parts of SNE and SE NH...that turns a major storm into a HECS for some. Not biting quite yet (still leery of the gulf of maine stall instead as Ray was mentioning last night)...but if we indeed see a further S stall, then we can start talking much more prolific amounts.

Yea, I'll sell that further south stall, but buy away on the Boston MECS.

GFS cave we we were expecting.

Just now, powderfreak said:

lol tries to bring rain to ORH with -1C at 925.  Good luck.

:D

right ... agreed. 

I mentioned this yesterday ... I'll say it again.  I think folks are bit jaded by the last system?  We spent a lot of time explaining why the GFS has a warm bias in the lowest critical thickness interval ( ~ 1300 m) leading up to that event.   Wouldn't you know it!  The event ...rained anyway... ugh.  That's perfect powdered doubt, just add water.

In this case, the whole antic of the last storm insidiously cloaked the GFS' bias of being too warm in that level by virtue of raining anyway.  

Well, now we are onto this guy and we have to consider said bias objectively, but it may be harder for people to visualize that right now. Not one's fault per se...but, the GFS definitely has a lot of synoptic arguments going against raining where it has 40 unit bar of UVM falling through 850 mb temperatures of -4 C ...when in this case, there really is not actual source for warm air in that leve to surface.  

Looks like it may be moot anyway...this run is colder in profile so far from what I gather so we'll see.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

somewhere over E MA....the immediate coastline may get rain contamination for a time...hard to say for sure...but you'd almost certainly be pasting prolific amounts west of at least 128...maybe even

It still looks a bit warm at 925.

Just now, weathafella said:

SV has a different depiction.   Maybe someone can post-I’m strictly mobile at work.

Ewall looks east of there too....prob just depends on exactly where they are putting the "L" as you can see the lowe pressure is pretty broad extending east

f72.gif

4 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Looks over land to me at hour 57, no?

OH, 57... well, it straddles the beach really ...it's nicker :) but it resumes that ENE trajectory toward ISP (eastern tip of LI) from there...  Your original word choice sort of cast that as more obviously embodied over earth in the MA though -  ...all good

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There would prob be a CF though somewhere over E MA....the immediate coastline may get rain contamination for a time...hard to say for sure...but you'd almost certainly be pasting prolific amounts west of at least 128...maybe even closer in.

C.f. would be near 128 imo.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

It still looks a bit warm at 925.

You'll get a CF up into the 925-950 layer too that the GFS will probably drive too far inland. It becomes more diffuse as you rise in height, but you'll still have one. It's pretty hard to rain much more than about 5-10 miles inland when the mid-level centers track outside the canal.

Archived