• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

I realize people probably don't care ...and I'm not sure they really should, but that JMA model is quintessentially perfect - really...

It takes a 999 mb low over the coastal Del Marva, and deepens it on a track that takes just NW of the BM and ends up 988 mb just off Cape Cod out there ... the whole way, shedding about 12 DAM of heights. 

For all the peregrinations along our travels through time and adventures with these models,. ... hell if it didn't just come down to a solution like that.  Open, closed...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

One of our best most grounded and consistent posters  should go to triple digits by the 14th if not by this Thursday...

Total
Alex Bretton Woods New Hampshire 113.65
J.Spin Waterbury Vermont 108.50
backedgeapproaching Manchester Vermont 88.80
dryslot Lewiston Maine 79.80
wxeyeNH Bridgewater New Hampshire 73.00
klw Norwich Vermont 72.90
Lava Rock Raymond Maine 69.45
tamarack New Sharon Maine 63.90
dendrite Northfield New Hampshire 63.10
WxBlue Dover New Hampshire 60.50

Several in range...

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its not going much west of the OP with thay block imo.

It's hard to say.  The Euro OP low ends up north of me eventually after cutting into Maine.  It has the ol left hook type track.  

Without the block that's a Hudson Valley runner.  Trough is pretty negative.

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its not going much west of the OP with thay block imo.

A more pressed look above would also argue for an earlier phase. Plenty of little nuances that can make a big difference here, as you know. To be clear Im not saying that solution cant happen. We all know the captain obvious “anything can happen” dumbed down logic. But I try to go beyond that and make attempts to figure it out...and learn from it. Regardless, fun tracking times ahead....I can see some big solutions printed in the next 10 cycles. 

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

A more pressed look above would also argue for an earlier phase. Plenty of little nuances that can make a big difference here, as you know. To be clear Im not saying that solution cant happen. We all know the captain obvious “anything can happen” dumbed down logic. But I try to go beyond that and make attempts to figure it out...and learn from it. Regardless, fun tracking times ahead....I can see some big solutions printed in the next 10 cycles. 

Southbury Weather Center subscription renewed.

1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

Euro ensemble members and mean looked a little more tucked than 12z

Looks similar to GFS at least as it's under and passing SNE.  But I haven't looked at individuals to see any cluster trends.  

The better news for all is the GGEM complete whiff is out to lunch.

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's hard to say.  The Euro OP low ends up north of me eventually after cutting into Maine.  It has the ol left hook type track.  

Without the block that's a Hudson Valley runner.  Trough is pretty negative.

I don't care what it does beyond my latitude...but down here, it's tougher to go much farther west.

Looking at Euro ensemble member low locations at hr 84, the mean location looks skewed east in comparison to the displayed low positions.  There are about 6 members with lows half way to Europe. (Looking at it in Weatherbell so I can't post it).

My question is do they have a way to throw outliers out of the mean position calculation?  

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't care what it does beyond my latitude...but down here, it's tougher to go much farther west.

Yeah it just seemed like depending on the block, it gets stuck under it and the block actually forces it west eventually.  Maybe if the upper level ridge pressed down more southeast it may stop it from going east if that makes sense.  Now if the block was identical to how it was the last one storm it wouldn't come close.

I get what your saying though.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it just seemed like depending on the block, it gets stuck under it and the block actually forces it west eventually.  Maybe if the upper level ridge pressed down more southeast it may stop it from going east if that makes sense.  Now if the block was identical to how it was the last one storm it wouldn't come close.

I get what your saying though.

Yea, we would need to see that....it will probably happen further north.

Some weather people say that ecwmf model low  was more east for wed storm because it sees the weakeness in the blocking and low to the northeast . That monday runs likely  go more west track  closer the sne coast than today runs.

5 minutes ago, blizzard24 said:

Some weather people say that ecwmf model low  was more east for wed storm because it sees the weakeness in the blocking and low to the northeast . That monday runs likely  go more west track  closer the sne coast than today runs.

Pearls of blizzdom.

Archived