• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

NW shifts have begun. DC never looked right. Probably not gonna make it this far NW with no ULL to pull precip back. But it’s gonna get interesting for CNY and perhaps southern tier. 

Thinking this tues/wed is a non starter for everyone on this board, even ENY looks too far NW. Next fri/Sat looks like something to keep an eye on for a while.

2 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

Wouldn’t this be some April Fools joke!  In reality I think the joke’s on us!

I'm just hoping we can scrape together 1.7" of snow the rest of the month at KSYR to get into 2nd place for highest March snowfalls. Looks like it's gonna be like pulling teeth despite ample cold air. Next 2 systems look to be crushed south and/or 99 lb weaklings.

3 hours ago, Syrmax said:

I'm just hoping we can scrape together 1.7" of snow the rest of the month at KSYR to get into 2nd place for highest March snowfalls. Looks like it's gonna be like pulling teeth despite ample cold air. Next 2 systems look to be crushed south and/or 99 lb weaklings.

Nah, you get that easy 

Took my 1st trip up north today, doing some real estate hunting..Yes I did manage to make it to Redfield and yes they have a ton of snow on the ground, phone was dying so pics were limited lol Amazing difference from town to town, made it over to DT Pulaski and they have more ground then snow, even less then Fulton has..The Altmar-williamstown-Redfield area all had a good 1’-3’ feet on the ground, I would place odds at 50-50 I make it up in that area..haha

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Haven't been expecting anything from this midweek event and the NAM is probably just being the NAM, but 0z 12km run is nothing but a middle finger. A whopping 0" here in BGM but only about 40 miles from to the 12" line.

This one is a write off for most of us.  ALB May get  brushed with a light accumulation, 1-3”.  Not sure what WPC is thinking with the probability map below. I guess it is low probability but I haven’t seen any modeling pushing 4” of snow up to SYR area.  Even the SREFs don’t show that.  Haven’t seen latest but pretty sure Eurotrash is in line with most other NWP showing this as a Poconos/Catskills and on S&E snowfall. 

FC8D6180-59BF-476B-9A76-1825EC12BB18.gif

3 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Few pictures from my hope to be new “crib”  

On rt 22 Altmar across the street from the “lower reservoir” 

Looks great wolfie!  One thing about up there, and even here...pretty decent snowpack on average. Still have around 12" average on ground here.

Another cold one, I have 6 degrees. While it roasts in the 40s and 50s down S&E.. where it's going to snow tomorrow. Such a waste.

• Like 1

As we know the people that enjoy the snow are probably around 5% of the population overall. I have lost 6 pretty close friends to California the last 6 months and many more are thinking of moving too. High taxes, weather, higher income elsewhere, etc...Wish more enjoyed the snow and seasons as much as us that enjoy the various forms of weather like we do on this forum. At least I have quite a few friends all over the country in warm climates that I can to for almost free vacations. ^_^

I don't really see any chance of snow for the duration of March into early April where average highs are in the 50s. Looks like it's about time to put this winter to rest. I grade heavily on high impact LES events which saw quite a few in December. Along with 3 good synoptic events. Extreme cold is a detractor for me. Overall, I would give this winter a solid B+ 

Agree, other than below normal temps that will keep skiing and maybe snowshoe trails viable a while longer...looks like the fun part of winter is over.   I expect we'll get some sort of April snowfall to prolong the agony of waiting for spring and mild weather.  My final grade on this winter looks like B+ also. Can't quite go A- as SNE has had a good March. ;)

Once we get to April 1 it’s definitely time to flip the switch to warm weather. I saw a story on the news yesterday about how the Syracuse Chiefs are getting concerned about the condition of the field with opening day only about two weeks away. They are spreading black grit on the snow on the field to absorb the heat from the sun in order to melt it faster.   Major league opening day is next weekend and golfers are getting anxious to start hitting the little white ball. 

44 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

It makes absolutely no sense for it to snow in the Mid-Atlantic and New York City proper this late in the season it doesn't even make sense to be quiet honest.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have seen early season games postponed due to snow in April at Yankee Stadium. April 9, 1996 Andy Pettitte threw 6 strong innings in the snow with temperatures in the mid 30s. 

• Like 1

Ok...so, just to give you guys some perspective. Winter pretty much ended here in West Michigan after the first week of JANUARY. DRY and boring with a couple of several inch rainstorms thrown in there. Three winters in a row. Winter has been much better over there.

On that note, my chances of moving to REDFIELD are greatly increasing. Wife and I are looking to go do a final interview in mid-April and will be in the area checking things out. I can't wait! The weather in West Michigan has been BORING the decade I have lived here.

• Like 1