• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, Stash said:

KALB is sitting at 11.4" for the storm, so that overnight band must have been heavier there (they reported an additional 3" after midnight).  They really limped their way to a foot of snow, but not a bad week for them overall.  

Glad to see KALB scratching and clawing towards a foot...I had them around 12" in a snowfall contest and that was looking rough last evening.  The banding in this storm really skewed some snowfall results in many areas.

Big fat fluffy flakes floating down for the last couple hours. It may not add up to much but it does keep the wintry mood going, at least temporarily. Actually got about a half inch of fluff since about 7. If it wasn’t going to melt as soon as the sun hits it I could clear it with my leaf blower. 

• Haha 1

I think KSYR will grind to 130" before it's all said and done...125" right now (+17" over normal to date), which is pretty much spot on seasonal average If we snow no more.  We probably get to 130" over the next two days.  KSYR current seasonal averrage is 123.8".  To get to Above Average (>115% or ~140"+ in my book), we will need some help. Which does not look to be forthcoming at this point.  

46 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Snowing heavily right now with nice dendrites, got to be at least an hour rate. Unfortunately rates have been variable this morning. Can see the beginnings of the band Wolfie mentioned on radar setting up from Sodus to Weedsport. 

Starting to see that happen. I'm just south of that 'band'...hoping to get into it for awhile. Will probably be more cellular in nature during the day. We've got about 2" so far this morning...variable rates and dendrite size.