• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, WxNoob said:

Those in ENY are definitely still in the game for this week’s storm.  Still 4 days away.

Anything from nothing (Canadian) to up to a foot (GFS) for ENY.  Not sure what bizarre world we're in when the GFS is the most tucked in of all the models.

5 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Richmondville is next to Cobleskill where they reported 40 inches. Looks like mid winter conditions!  Hopefully those vehicles were cleaned off good before they were driven. 

Here's one of them after a jaunt down I-88...

snow.jpg

8 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

WOW!  Found the snow!  A relative of mine who lives over in Ireland (about an hour outside of Dublin) sent me some pictures!  Said in the past week they have had over 100cm or roughly 40 inches of snow and winds in excess of 70mph.  They live in a rural area and were told it could be days before the roads are cleared...

IMG_6199.JPG

IMG_6200.JPG

This was pretty much all ocean effect snow from what I saw too.  Pretty awesome to see that if winds align right they can get a nearly endless supply of heavy snow there.  Very rare though.  

• Haha 1

It's on its way as all models should start to correct a bit more west, as there's really nothing stopping it at this pt. Some type of LE or pure LES may follow suit, after this enters the GOM and gets stopped by the downstream blocking, and throws moisture our way courtesy of the ATL! We should see some kind of snow this week but totals are up in the air.  It def gets cold enough thats a fact at least from a guidance point of view.

It’d be nice to keep it interesting. Well East of 81 as I see it. Just not enough time. Not enough dig. Not enough negative. Forms to far N. It has a kicker (slow pusher). 

Just not enough anything. Hope I’m wrong. NAM has been crushing it this year. I’m probably being dumb to discount it. And we have about 2 more model cycles where EC storms trend west (before correcting East in last couple). So 18z- tomorrow’s 6z Nam could be entertaining, if not misleading. 

KROC, yeah probably not, but further East its a lock! The downstream blocking is perfectly positioned to deliver the goods but if it was a bit further East then I wouldn't even be concerned as it would be suppression, city but not the case IDT, but who really knows at this PT. Time is never an issue as far as modelling is concerned, and we're nearly 48 hrs out, so that's plenty of time for an adjustment, 50-100 miles West, easily so Im still optimistic for Cuse East for some kind of accum whether it be 3-6-8-12" is the question.  KBGM up towards KALB is a lock and good for them, as they've been shut out quite a bit the last several yrs.

13 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Hey at least we have a 1-10 chance of heavier snowfall. lol!

SnowAmt90Prcntl.png

Actually that is pretty close to the forecast channel 9 just put out for the same time period. I was surprised they are going for such high amounts now since the GFS and Euro are mainly east of here. They are forecasting close to a foot in the Albany area.