• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 hours ago, tim123 said:

It was a blizzard. Nws in buffalo hates predicting or forecasting snow for rochester. Been that way for 30 years

NWS in Buffalo is very averse to blizzard warnings anywhere in its zones. But then again, nearly every location in WNY would verify a blizzard at least once a season and probably many more times than that for most.

On the other extreme, BOX hands out blizzard warnings like the pope hands out wafers. I’ll take the actual blizzard conditions without the headline over fake news blizzards.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

12z EPS wants to really keep that LP tucked in. A bit further west and we can talk. I don’t really see what would do that. Anyone? 

Until then, Nah. 

Not gonna get too concerned about qpf panels 4 days out but if that stays tucked in ala GFS and GEM...its pretty much game on for at least ROC/SYR and on east to ALB.  

GEM with a 987mb slp over Montauk at 120 hrs looks pretty effing enticing.

Euro doesn't look bad either, perhaps a bit further east.

Ripped from Powderfreak (thanks) over on the NE forum.  EPS shows the potential. Ways to go though. Again, a few moving pieces, esp the northern stream.  I saw that GFS spaghetti last night, 00Z, and it was quite interesting in offering support of another quasi capture scenario.  There's a lot of model support for this one right now. Even the NAVGEM has something in pretty tight and it's usually pushing systems out to Bermuda.

imageproxy.png

1 hour ago, CNY_WX said:

Oh Canada!  What are the chances?

0DB358BF-27E7-41CE-B1BE-9941690E5F40.thumb.png.d23f928e61ab3348ee3c337dc52accd1.png

I love the Canadian model, honestly, it’s a great model. I’m not biting. Not yet. Let’s see the Euro.

Im expecting a weak primary that rolls to near Buf and then transfers to Delmarva and scoots to the stupid freaking benchmark. Giving NYC a silly inch. But leaving WNY out of anything real. 

But damn, Canada gives me hope. We are inside that climo window. I can feel long distance eye rolls by the way. 

6 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

I love the Canadian model, honestly, it’s a great model. I’m not biting. Not yet. Let’s see the Euro.

Im expecting a weak primary that rolls to near Buf and then transfers to Delmarva and scoots to the stupid freaking benchmark. Giving NYC a silly inch. But leaving WNY out of anything real. 

But damn, Canada gives me hope. We are inside that climo window. I can feel long distance eye rolls by the way. 

Here was the previous night's 0z run, similar solution.. hopefully it something we get to track..

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_40.png

Just now, ayuud11 said:

Damm we really nickle'd and dime'd our way towards avg snowfall this year lol:lol:

Not sure what the exact average for West Seneca is but I’d imagine it’s somewhere between 100”-110”. I’m at 111.1” for the season so far so at least an average to slightly above average season as it stands right now. 

8 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Not sure what the exact average for West Seneca is but I’d imagine it’s somewhere between 100”-110”. I’m at 111.1” for the season so far so at least an average to slightly above average season as it stands right now. 

120-130" is about average for W.Seneca.

7 minutes ago, ayuud11 said:

120-130" is about average for W.Seneca.

I don’t think it’s quite that high. The very far SE part of West Seneca near OP/Elma may average about 120” or so but I think where I am in West Seneca (Center Rd, near Wimbledon Plaza) averages closer to 100-110”. I’m really not that far south, and there’s definitely a pretty big gradient even just in West Seneca. I’m only 5.8 miles as the crow flies SE of KeyBank Center (what I consider center of downtown) and   7 miles south of KBUF. A lot of the early season events nailed the SE part of West Seneca while I got fringed or skunked. Here’s my location (the little red dot) on this average snowfall map for perspective. 

4E2B41FD-C1D5-48EE-B08D-717211032F73.jpeg

If this was a couple weeks ago it could of been decent, Gfs has been advertising  some wrap around/lake enhancement for a few runs now but with surface temps in the low-mid 30’s, light precipitation rates and being March, probably won’t materialize to much, maybe up north towards the tug/dacks..

0EF0EF0E-DBF4-4C7A-A71E-FE7E6EE6109D.jpeg

Wednesday Night
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Thursday
Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Thursday Night
Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 60%

WOW!  Found the snow!  A relative of mine who lives over in Ireland (about an hour outside of Dublin) sent me some pictures!  Said in the past week they have had over 100cm or roughly 40 inches of snow and winds in excess of 70mph.  They live in a rural area and were told it could be days before the roads are cleared...

IMG_6199.JPG

IMG_6200.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

WOW!  Found the snow!  A relative of mine who lives over in Ireland (about an hour outside of Dublin) sent me some pictures!  Said in the past week they have had over 100cm or roughly 40 inches of snow and winds in excess of 70mph.  They live in a rural area and were told it could be days before the roads are cleared...

IMG_6199.JPG

IMG_6200.JPG

You should check out Severe Weather Europe on Facebook. They've had some great videos from the recent arctic outbreak/snow.  

15 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

None of them have a track anywhere near that now. Unfortunately, they all goto the benchmark. It’s NYC- Boston storm. Let’s watch for next week!

Honestly, the average yearly snowfall must have gone up a lot for cities like Boston and NYC since he turn of the millennium. It just seems that we see more big coastal snowstorms than Gulf and Texas lows these days.