• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Really hard for me to say with all the compaction but I'd say at least 8". This has been a very impressive event. 

Definitely compaction. The airport in Latham measured 7" at 7AM. Probably over double digits by now.

• Like 1

Believe it or not but like I said yesterday, we get to do this all over again with almost an exact same track but of course there are differences.  One of them being the thermal profiles with the next event should not be an issue, as we start off cold and end colder.

its only 5 days out already so Tues-Thurs of next week.  Looks to be about 1-1.25" of Liq Equ as of right now but that will change.  I don't even know if any other globals are seeing it right now as the GFS is so we'll see.

11 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Believe it or not but like I said yesterday, we get to do this all over again with almost an exact same track but of course there are differences.  One of them being the thermal profiles with the next event should not be an issue, as we start off cold and end colder.

its only 5 days out already so Tues-Thurs of next week.  Looks to be about 1-1.25" of Liq Equ as of right now but that will change.  I don't even know if any other globals are seeing it right now as the GFS is so we'll see.

If this happens a 2nd time, it'll be a miracle. Highly unusual track, intensity, etc. I would say, I definitely believe in miracles...lol

12z GFS is very interesting 5 days out...

22 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

This is 5” to the W Fulton cocorahs, And we haven’t had much since 7 am, maybe 1/2”-1” max...Must of got ripped off few miles to my SW lol

6387753C-04A9-4107-9DE9-EE789B641562.jpeg

Wind sheltered locations collect a ton more snow in wind driven events.  Definitely not a good place to measure unless you want to pad your numbers.  

Still light to moderate snow here, Just measured again, another 2-1/4” since 8 a.m....so that’s ballpark 1/2”/hr snow rate...not crippling by any means and roads are fine...but a lot of power problems since what fell earlier was New England boilerplate wet.  

Total of 10.5” so far.

We are managing to hang onto the NW edge of the decent snow rate here in NW Onondaga County. Like 20 - 30 miles west of here ihas probably been just out of the game.  Would be nice to see this slp rotate NW just a bit and throw some heavier returns back west a bit longer.

C48BEBE0-A6C7-47A5-97C7-FAD7BC7B1FA1.jpeg