Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Bomb Cyclone Obs Thread, March 1-3 2018

Rtd208

2 minutes ago, eduggs said:

Montgomery was reporting 36F and light rain at 8am.  Looks like some warm air stuck between the escarpment and the hudson highlands.  That should mix out in the next few hours as winds back around.  Probably some north-south oriented banding setting up.

Yep, I’m a couple miles south of KMGJ, 35 and white rain after a coating earlier this morning. I’ve seen this before here is this kind of set up. 

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, eduggs said:

Montgomery was reporting 36F and light rain at 8am.  Looks like some warm air stuck between the escarpment and the hudson highlands.  That should mix out in the next few hours as winds back around.  Probably some north-south oriented banding setting up.

Ive been going back and forth from rain/snow for the past 5 hrs. Snow looks to be the dominate ptype again but its not accumulating.

Light rain with sporadic pellets mixed in. 38 degrees. Not buying into the NAM and it’s snow totals. Sticking with the old “Take the NAM totals and cut em in half”.  See what happens. I think Suffolk county stays 99% rain for this event. 

11 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yep, I’m a couple miles south of KMGJ, 35 and white rain after a coating earlier this morning. I’ve seen this before here is this kind of set up. 

Ive seen warm air trapped in the Walkill river valley before but never this far back west and with elevation. Very interesting up here. Take a peek at the Otisville Mesonet cam and take a look at the Warwick mesonet cam

Archived