• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rtd208

Bomb Cyclone Obs Thread, March 1-3 2018

Just now, allgame830 said:

What’s your elevation? Because I sit at 300’ in Pleasantville NY and it’s still rain. Temp 35

not sure i was driving on the highway 97% rain but definitely had flakes mixed in.

3 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

Deluge, getting quite gusty already. Westhampton recorded 0.44" of rain in last hour.

...pouring here..40*..tapped the ole 'banjo barometer' and it dropped like a rock..always worry

about those maple trees..

..Stephanie Abrams (TWC) in montauk..

..high tide @ Riverhead..1128am..pretty likely to cause flooding along the Peconic River.

• Like 1

38 and raining just northwest of DC, we had blowing (light) snow just a short while ago. A nearby wind gust report came in just under 70mph. Feeling slightly Sandy-esque with some of these gusts.

And here I was worried I’d be missing this storm.

Snow starting to mix in here in Sparta. 900’ elevation. Probably all snow or mainly snow in the parts of town at or above 1000’.

Heavy rain here in SW Suffolk with 1.78" so far at Wantagh. Plenty of ponding of water around here with some very big puddles.

Says its 38 at the Park, but my thermometer 20 stories up reads 36 right now. But there's almost no precip falling at the moment.

Flipped back to snow here in Maryland, it’s 37 degrees.

Meanwhile it’s 38 degrees in Islip with heavy rain.

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

About 7” so far here in Vermont. 

This is turning into our wettest February into early March in a while here. 1.78" and counting at Wantagh.

40 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

not sure i was driving on the highway 97% rain but definitely had flakes mixed in.

I had a sleet accumulation on my windshield and it's rain mixed with sleet, white plains

700’, Montague (Sussex County), 35F, has been sleeting/snowing since I took dogs out at 6. (Sounds like sleet in terms of what is hitting the air conditioner.) It was 34 about 30 min ago and seemed a little more like snow falling. Coating on grass and street.

22 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Flake mixing in with the sleet here. It’s down to 34 degrees here, it was 53 at 11pm.

Had sleet here first, then it went to a rain/snow mix, which is where it's at now.

9 minutes ago, lovewinter said:

700’, Montague (Sussex County), 35F, has been sleeting/snowing since I took dogs out at 6. (Sounds like sleet in terms of what is hitting the air conditioner.) It was 34 about 30 min ago and seemed a little more like snow falling. Coating on grass and street.

Précip type is currently dependent on intensity and secondly elevation. All snow here at the moment but expect to go back to mix with lighter area of precip rotates in from east in next 30 minutes or so.