Newest Member
    joxey
Bomb Cyclone Obs Thread, March 1-3 2018

Rtd208

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Much windier in the Westfield/ Scotch plains area. Kept changing from snow to rain to snow 

It's starting to crank now.

I have no accumulation and would be a bit surprised if we end up with any, but this is probably going to be 2 inches of QPF.

It's remarkable how often the precip type has been changing.  Just snowed heavy for 30 seconds, stopped for 30 seconds, now mixed trash.

3 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

It's starting to crank now.

I have no accumulation and would be a bit surprised if we end up with any, but this is probably going to be 2 inches of QPF.

It's remarkable how often the precip type has been changing.  Just snowed heavy for 30 seconds, stopped for 30 seconds, now mixed trash.

RU at RU in NB?  Same here in Rahway with the back and forth - not enough intensity yet to accumulate, given the pretty high melting rate.  

Did you see the RU game last night?  I was at the Garden and might go back tonight - play #3 Purdue...

2 minutes ago, jfklganyc said:

Why isnt a WWA in effect for Westchester and closer in Jersey? We have 1/2 mile with heavy snow rates and 2 inches on the ground with strong winds.

I’ve seen advisories issued for BS clippers that had much less intensity. Very puzzled

There is a WWA in effect for Westchester county.

1 minute ago, snywx said:

Major fail imby today. Still 1" otg, Temp 32° snow continues to fall in varying intensity

Give it time, and it looks like you're in some unfortunate small screw zone with areas around you getting a lot more. I know my co-worker who lives near Newburgh said he had 4" OTG when he left for work this morning, and that he white knuckled it the whole way down the Thruway. 

Archived