Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Bomb Cyclone Obs Thread, March 1-3 2018

Rtd208

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

If you want to experience more weather maybe try moving out of New York City, especially the more urbanized areas.

Where I live in Essex County NJ, I changed over to snow by 8am. My thinking after that was 6-12". I have nothing to show for it. Snow melting on contact. What a kick in the groin.

If any of you live in the poconos, don’t even attempt to come home. All roads are either closed or nobody moving....power lines down , accidents everywhere...even the tow trucks are stuck and can’t move.  Route 380 north out here has been closed all day! It’s the major interstate that heads north from here...to Wilkes barre and Scranton....people stranded in cars all day long with wind chills near 0 .  People involved in accidents, cops haven’t been able to get to them for hours now.  Complete insanity out here...look at maps.google.com and click on traffic tab in top left corner if don’t believe me.  Everybody’s stranded practically.

NAM was right again, as I’ve been saying for 3 days now.  

1 minute ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

Where I live in Essex County NJ, I changed over to snow by 8am. My thinking after that was 6-12". I have nothing to show for it. Snow melting on contact. What a kick in the groin.

It happens, at least you're getting some kind of storm.

Many times I have been on the wrong end of the stick while Long Island and NYC and Central NJ got buried and I got nothing.

4 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It happens, at least you're getting some kind of storm.

Many times I have been on the wrong end of the stick while Long Island and NYC and Central NJ got buried and I got nothing.

It seems I'm in a snow hole zone. This is our second "bomb cyclone" of the season and I'm still well below my seasonal snow average. Oh well, that's the breaks. Enjoy your snowstorm.

20 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

If you want to experience more weather maybe try moving out of New York City, especially the more urbanized areas.

Well, I’m comparing this to the prior experience of storms in this “urbanized area.” I know for this storm it appears the impacts are highly localized, which makes it interesting. I just find it fascinating that the winds have been W of N here all day, which has an especially dulling effect for my specific location. When they are NE or E, even at 30 MPH my apartment sounds like a cabin on the Grand Banks, which is awesome. Also we’ve never gone beyond moderate snow and even that has only lasted about 5 minutes at a time.

6 minutes ago, doncat said:

Still rain snow mix here...wind gusting to 40 mph...About 2.50" precip so far.

2.53" here as this unusually wet February into March run continues. My local pond had been low for a while but is finally filling up again.

Archived