Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Bomb Cyclone Obs Thread, March 1-3 2018

Rtd208

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Big Jims Videos said:

All snow in point pleasant beach, and I'm surprised.  

Friend in Long Branch reported the same...been going back and forth between rain and snow here in Rahway - going to have a tough time accumulating anywhere near 95 and the coastal plain unless it gets much heavier, given surface temps in the mid-30s and during daylight and with so much standing water - will definitely have more of a chance for accumulation on grassy surfaces.  Of course, if we get 1/2" per hour or more rates, we'll start to see accumulations anywhere, as I'd guesstimate the melting rate to easily be 3/8" per hour or so.  

12 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

That’s incredible 2.2” already at the wantagh mesonet if we add a decent accumulation this 12/02

Hard to say how much will actually accumulate here with it still mixing with rain and 35 degrees.

12 minutes ago, psv88 said:

38 and rain to your North...

Just a few wet flakes but mostly still rain. You may actually be getting a slightly milder flow off the Sound.

39 minutes ago, snywx said:

Im telling you man. I went to the store about 2 miles away and it was S++ there, come back home flooding rain lol

I've seen localized terrain effects like that before in '92, '97, '02 and several others, but never exactly in your area.  But I've also spent more time east of the river.  It's definitely frustrating!  It can change fast though if mid-level wind direction changes.

Archived