SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Bomb Cyclone Obs Thread, March 1-3 2018

Rtd208

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I flipped to sleet/pellets at 5am and all snow at 8. There's easily an inch of dense frozen goo on the ground now. Sticks and small branches are down all over the place too and the street is covered. 

I'll be able to give y'all a solid road report for the Taconic Crest because I have to go pick my kids up at school because the dining hall closed and they don't want to eat snacks for two days. I'll have a report for elevations up to ~1k in about two hours.

5 minutes ago, snywx said:

This is crazy!

Heavy rain w/ a few flakes mixed in @ 850'

Temp 34°

Montgomery was reporting 36F and light rain at 8am.  Looks like some warm air stuck between the escarpment and the hudson highlands.  That should mix out in the next few hours as winds back around.  Probably some north-south oriented banding setting up.

2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Oh man.  I turned down a completely impassable road in Amityville Harbor.  I'll be in Freeport for tonight's high tide.

Good luck. Hopefully, the coastal flooding won't be too bad. There's a possibility that the Orienta Point neighborhood near where I live might flood from tonight's high tide.

1 minute ago, donsutherland1 said:

Good luck. Hopefully, the coastal flooding won't be too bad. There's a possibility that the Orienta Point neighborhood near where I live might flood from tonight's high tide.

I really hope it doesn't Don.   Good luck kind sir.

Around here, I suspect significant flooding in the more flood prone areas like Freeport and Lindenhurst.  The Rockaways should see major flooding as well.

Archived