Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - March 2018

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nearly heavy snow now falling with pretty good sized flakes...definitely over 0.5"/hr rates.  No stickage to streets/sidewalks yet, but everywhere else is now white.  Temp down to 30.2, dew point up to 22.  Still some decent evaporative cooling potential left to get down another degree or 2.  Winds have slackened off now at less than 10mph from the NNE.  Accumulation now at 0.5".

Board has slowed down to a crawl.  Is it related to whatever the Euro is showing?  If so, can someone tell us what is has for tomorrow now?

28ºF, Heavy snow, 1.6" so far. Rates have been pretty impressive since the precip shield settled in. Flake structure is really nice as well, with nice aggregates. Def appears to be of the >10:1 variety. It's not having trouble piling up on non paved surfaces. My paved driveway is snowed over but roads are still mostly good with some slush starting to show in spots. The sun only gets weaker from here so if the rates maintain there is probably going to be evening rush issues. 

While that's all going on, the 511pa I-99 cam at the northern end of the county (less than 15 miles north of here) has nothing on the ground. State College cams barely show it snowing. 

7 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Nearly heavy snow now falling with pretty good sized flakes...definitely over 0.5"/hr rates.  No stickage to streets/sidewalks yet, but everywhere else is now white.  Temp down to 30.2, dew point up to 22.  Still some decent evaporative cooling potential left to get down another degree or 2.  Winds have slackened off now at less than 10mph from the NNE.  Accumulation now at 0.5".

Board has slowed down to a crawl.  Is it related to whatever the Euro is showing?  If so, can someone tell us what is has for tomorrow now?

It's all those NY Weenies bringing down the site haha!

Don't you hate when someone makes comments about a model but then give no details. :(

Back here in Pittsburgh we have about 1/2 inch on the grassy areas.

Finally I can post. Euro is showing a wicked ccb coming through the area starting tomorrow morning lasting into the afternoon.  For some of those who didn’t get much today, you shall receive tomorrow if it is right. A lot of lsv is is one plus inches of qpf just tomorrow. Even further north gets in on it.  Nice run

Perry and Mifflin counties have really been getting raked the past few hours...more than down here as they have been in dark green on radar for the past 3 hours.  I would think they've got to have over 3 to 4" up their way by now.  I'll have my 5:00pm ob shortly.  I'm pretty sure it will be over 2".

1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

28ºF, Heavy snow, 1.6" so far. Rates have been pretty impressive since the precip shield settled in. Flake structure is really nice as well, with nice aggregates. Def appears to be of the >10:1 variety. It's not having trouble piling up on non paved surfaces. My paved driveway is snowed over but roads are still mostly good with some slush starting to show in spots. The sun only gets weaker from here so if the rates maintain there is probably going to be evening rush issues. 

While that's all going on, the 511pa I-99 cam at the northern end of the county (less than 15 miles north of here) has nothing on the ground. State College cams barely show it snowing. 

Not even a single flake here today.

48 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Moderate to heavy snow and 2.4" now. 

Pretty frustrating to be getting fringed AGAIN on this one... not a single flake here yet and looking at radar it's probably gonna stay that way. Hope yall down south do well and maybe can still get a good ski day in at blue knob this week.

At 5:00pm I just measured an additional inch of accumulation since 4:00, with storm total now at 2.4".  Temp steady still at 29.7 degrees.  Sidewalks/street still mainly wet, but look like they make give up the melting ghost within the next hour as the sun gets much lower.  Looking great out there.  Latest NWS radar trends indicate a lessening of intensity overall with the greens maybe diminishing down to blues (for the time being...lol).

At this rate it is looking like the 12K NAM amounts for me / MDT area may end up verifying by 0Z.  I need to go back and check but I thought I posted the accumulations at MDT at 8:00pm tonight were forecast to be 2.9".

Edit>>>oops, a bit off on that.  12K said MDT at 0Z tonight would be at 8" with the 3K saying 4".  Maybe 3K will verify??

Archived