• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - March 2018

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

When I called in my last report to NWS, a respectable met told me to expect an additional 6-12” from the next wave.    

So the NAM numbers might really come to fruition, at least in parts of our area.  I'm going to assume that 6-12 will be more widespread than round 1 was, especially north and east of us here. 

It really was on a line from AOO to west of Harrisburg (Carlisle and points west) to Lancaster, south that got anything meaningful from round 1.  I do consider myself very fortunate to have gotten 4".  I need to clear my board since I know compaction is occurring, ala your last report.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

So the NAM numbers might really come to fruition, at least in parts of our area.  I'm going to assume that 6-12 will be more widespread than round 1 was, especially north and east of us here. 

It really was on a line from AOO to west of Harrisburg (Carlisle and points west) to Lancaster, south that got anything meaningful from round 1.  I do consider myself very fortunate to have gotten 4".  I need to clear my board since I know compaction is occurring, ala your last report.

Yeah 3k cranked out some doozys at 18z all the way back to MAGville. 

Man I hope the 0zs hold or tuck a bit more. 

Just now, paweather said:

Any concern of dry air coming back into play I was literally snowing overhead for 3 hours before it actually started this afternoon I doubt it since the column is moist now but I have been burned with before 

Things are prime and ripe.   You can see easterly flow from sterling radar of how saturated we are.   My guess would be things will blossom faster than forecasts 

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

Things are prime and ripe.   You can see easterly flow from sterling radar of how saturated we are.   My guess would be things will blossom faster than forecasts 

That’s my thought you capitalized early on in round 1 I was literally under bands for hours until it started I think we are fine now. This is going to be bomb love watching it come together. 

2 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Already starting to fill in between systems. Next 2 hours should ramp up nicely. 

We got one good band here around Newcumberland today then a few hours of very light snow I think we got about 2"-3" here today. 

It looks like things are starting to  come together nicely on round two. I will be up late and out I hope to take some pics and vids . Maybe a can add to my

thunder snow list if all goes well.   I will check back in  tonight if I can come in. 

0z NAM is notably north with the QPF gradient zone in the central counties...giving UNV the shot at solid advisory snows after shutting them the rest of the way out at 18z. I suppose that's a bit more in line with the HRRR's more expansive precip shield it's been showing in the hourly runs this evening. 

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

12k and 3k by comparison look slightly north with precip Shield but less gracious with accums. Still very nice looking. 18zs were jacked or 0zs r bunk. U pick. 

I wouldn’t go off of snowfall maps it’s insane it is snowing from 7z Wednesday until 5z Thursday deform band is insane crazy 

21 minutes ago, paweather said:

Where is Bubbler he would appreciate the constant offline site we dealt with Year’s ago and Marcus anyways hope the site is back now again 

I am popping in and out watching you guys have fun...between the ssl handshake errors and site offline notices.  Hope to be back up there this summer though been house hunting for two months and the market is as dry as I have ever seen it.  

Archived