Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - March 2018

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AllWeather said:

Hey guys. Looking for some updated snow totals in the LSV for air. The amounts from CTP are a little old, so I'm hoping to get some updated numbers. Can you include your location as well? Thanks in advance!

I had 3.5” yesterday and 5” so far today - with compaction/slight melting current depth at 7” 

I am just north of Sauss in Enola 

Hopefully this animation will work.  Low-level water vapor image.  Notice the subsidence band the currently is over the LSV and runs NE towards NW NJ.  There's a big band of moisture rotating NW towards the LSV which should make rates pick back up again within the next hour or so.  At noon I had no additional accumulations due to lighter snow and the temp reaching 33.8 degrees.  Snow seems to be picking back up again now as I type.  Look at the center of a vort that is in eastern WV, rotating and moving westward towards the huge upper low over Indiana.  There doesn't appear to really be a coastal low yet.  

If the picture animation doesn't play try clicking on it.

LowerWaterVapor.png

Past 9" (12.4" storm total) and still pouring snow. City plows have come by every once in awhile and despite plowing the new snow is still laying on the roads even in the middle of the afternoon. I want to post pics but the kiddos getting off school early must have this board all jammed up haha. 

3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes !

I have 10 inches as well -combined 2 day total -a few miles up the road from you in Marysville as of 3 pm !

It looks like we have at least a few more hours of good snow to go!

Yeah, the coastal seems to finally have gotten going so this will start pulling east but we have a few hours.

Any idea who has gotten screwed today with this system? It’s funky looking.

i will get a better measurement later, but we came back IN from snowmobiling....too deep....cant see

kid hit a pipe.  zip tie time. no biggie

short of that it was awesome..... :lol:

gotta be between 10-12 in northern lanco.  Last 2.5 hours put down 3"

snow coming over sleds (snowplowing).  cant see a lick

Fantastic storm!!!

At 4:00pm I have just measured an additional 1.5" (since about 2:00pm), giving me 6.2" for today and a storm total of 10.2".  Hoping to hold on long enough to reach a foot, but hitting 10" is pretty sweet too.  Temp is holding at 30.7 degrees.  There is some minor blowing snow coming off of rooftops when the winds pick up a bit.

Water vapor imagery shows the coastal is indeed forming now off the Delmarva coast, but it also shows a solid moisture feed still rotating northwestward from our southeast, covering most of the southern half of PA.

Check out this noaa satellite water vapor loop:  https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/GOES16_sector_band.php?sector=ne&band=10&length=24

12 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

At 4:00pm I have just measured an additional 1.5" (since about 2:00pm), giving me 6.2" for today and a storm total of 10.2".  Hoping to hold on long enough to reach a foot, but hitting 10" is pretty sweet too.  Temp is holding at 30.7 degrees.  There is some minor blowing snow coming off of rooftops when the winds pick up a bit.

Water vapor imagery shows the coastal is indeed forming now off the Delmarva coast, but it also shows a solid moisture feed still rotating northwestward from our southeast, covering most of the southern half of PA.

Check out this noaa satellite water vapor loop:  https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/GOES16_sector_band.php?sector=ne&band=10&length=24

That is freaking outstanding. 

I measured 8.75" in Tamaqua at 3:30pm. It probably would be more, but I'm sure it compacted some.

Yes, I did make it home. I delivered, was empty in an hour, parked the truck at the terminal and made it home safely.

Our rates have diminished some as the snow has gotten lighter. Have I seen the heaviest snow of the storm or might it ramp up again?

25 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I measured 8.75" in Tamaqua at 3:30pm. It probably would be more, but I'm sure it compacted some.

Yes, I did make it home. I delivered, was empty in an hour, parked the truck at the terminal and made it home safely.

Our rates have diminished some as the snow has gotten lighter. Have I seen the heaviest snow of the storm or might it ramp up again?

Glad you made it home safe and sound and your travel worries are behind you!

Latest look at the HRRR says the storm is rapidly winding down for us in C-PA and from this point to the end there will be less than an inch additional accumulation.  It has the snow totally over with by 0Z, or 8:00pm.  Those of us in the 10" range are likely not going to reach a foot as it looks now, but you never know until the last flake falls...lol.

Archived