Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - March 2018

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Looks like this thing is starting to really crank.

agreed.  Really hard not to like the radar (if your under it).  Sorry for any fingers...

Unfortunately we all take turns in sharing the love.  Hope you get another chance before the door closes.

8 minutes ago, paweather said:

Finally guys! Maytown/Nut thanks for bringing this home. Puking snow here....and radar is lit. 

Nut and I switched positions...he was the positive voice in here during February and early March while i was being silently skeptical. He kind of wavered about 10 days ago just as i was starting to feel good about this one. Regardless, what an incredible end (southern guys) to what was weeks of frustration. It's a beautiful spring day! :)

1 minute ago, maytownpawx said:

Nut and I switched positions...he was the positive voice in here during February and early March while i was being silently skeptical. He kind of wavered about 10 days ago just as i was starting to feel good about this one. Regardless, what an incredible end (southern guys) to what was weeks of frustration. It's a beautiful spring day! :)

totally agree Happy Spring!

Moderate snow up here in Clarks Summit/Waverly? I am in shock. No radar echos in Susquehanna County less than 10 miles to my north. Will be riding the edge all day here. Crazy winter as I have over 70" YTD and AVP 20 miles away has 40".

Good luck down there you guys deserve an ass kicking!

Mornin all.  Round 2 began here around 1:45am as I was going to bed.  At 9:00am I measured 3.2" of new snow for a storm total of 7.2" and a snow depth of 6.5".  It's the heavy fine-flake variety today so far versus the big-flake stuff yesterday.

Thanks to MAG and to CASH for your SLR comments.  Cash, your 0.64" of liquid with 10.7" of snow comes out to 17 : 1, so I'm looking good with my SLR and not crazy.  Those big flakes helped more than I thought yesterday.

Here's to more fun this afternoon especially.  Oh, temp is 30.0 which is almost exactly the same as during yesterday afternoon.

7 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Mornin all.  Round 2 began here around 1:45am as I was going to bed.  At 9:00am I measured 3.2" of new snow for a storm total of 7.2" and a snow depth of 6.5".  It's the heavy fine-flake variety today so far versus the big-flake stuff yesterday.

Thanks to MAG and to CASH for your SLR comments.  Cash, your 0.64" of liquid with 10.7" of snow comes out to 17 : 1, so I'm looking good with my SLR and not crazy.  Those big flakes helped more than I thought yesterday.

Here's to more fun this afternoon especially.  Oh, temp is 30.0 which is almost exactly the same as during yesterday afternoon.

As allweather said earlier, the heavier bands produced higher ratios.  I can’t recall a lighter snow in late March but I’m younger so take it for what it’s worth.  We need to get that band to the south up our and get into those 2”/hr rates 

Crushed,

Passing 5" of new snow from the second wave that didn't really begin in earnest until about 4-5am this morning with heavy snow falling. This second portion is going to end up easily verifying a warning all on it's own. This stuff is straight powder snow too.  8.4" storm total so far. 

4 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Crushed,

Passing 5" of new snow from the second wave that didn't really begin in earnest until about 4-5am this morning with heavy snow falling. This second portion is going to end up easily verifying a warning all on it's own. This stuff is straight powder snow too.  8.4" storm total so far. 

way to cash in bud.  Awesome stuff. 

Still ripping quite nicely here.  I'd think 3-4" easily (eyeballin though).  

This is my idea of spring.

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Do you guys think that all of the precip in western PA, OH, & WV will all end up pivoting through central PA & the LSV later on today before this wraps up ?

I think it will mostly just kind of start breaking up and consolidate east. We have a nice moisture transport out here at the moment. 

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

so this looks to snow till about 8-9PM? we could end up in double digits

yeah, it actually started looking like that last evening, but overnights have continued the trend to keep precip back here after dark.  

FANTASTIC!!!

#giddy

Archived