• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - March 2018

Eyeballing 4” in Manheim and coming down hard. Banding looks to be developing as the coastal takes over (check out gravity waves in precip over NJ near Philly - hallmark of strong vertical lift from a deepening LP). Wouldn’t be shocked at all to see some 12-16” amounts JUST from today’s snow. 

If you get into a 1-2”/hr band, ratios improve. 

On on my way into work now! Going to be a haul of a day...good luck guys!!

Wow, thanks for analysis. Good luck with your forecasts!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

One small thing going against us, Horst JUST updated to say the storm is slow in development, and the "show" will be from 10am - 6pm. One thing I was hoping for was to be ripping by sunrise, but now things will be gearing up as we start fighting the sun angle. 

yeah when up at 3 and not going yet, i looked at radar and thought we were runnin behind by a couple hours.  as long as we tack that time onto the end i wont be pissed....no matter the sun angle :)

its rippin out.  I'm happy

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Got some pics from family out in the lower end of Huntingdon county. That part of the area has gotten pounded. Hopefully we see as close to the double digits as we can here.

I'd be shocked if we got double digits. I don't think we have the rates others are having. But then again, what do i know.

2 hours ago, Flatheadsickness said:

I don't want to spoil any good vibes but at the start of round 2 and about 20 mins ago a little sleet mixed in very briefly but didn't show up on radar. it worry's me a little. Heading back out its mod/heavy here as of 10 mins ago 

its fine.  Column will cool as the storm intensifies.  Couple pingers shouldnt hurt much, but will help street accretion....lol

6 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'd be shocked if we got double digits. I don't think we have the rates others are having. But then again, what do i know.

best part still to come buddy.  Im not sayin double digits, but I think 4" is gonna be low.  Look at the fetch off the ocean on the radar.  If hundingtons getting good lift, its comin over your head to get there....lol

Archived