Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - March 2018

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MDT recorded 2.3 inches of snow yesterday with the first part of the storm, which brings the seasonal total to 21.8 inches this season.

My snow goal for part 2 today is 8.2 inches, which would get the seasonal total to 30 inches, which would put us right near the seasonal average for MDT. We also might not be done after today & still have a realistic 2 weeks yet where we could still maybe score a little more snow.

Thanks 93. 1993 was the first time I witnessed multiple lighting strikes in a winter storm but not the last. 2016 was great because of the local amounts but 93 was the real deal Holyfield. Not to mention the weather channel was great family entertainment back then. Heading back out to walk the Shepherd       

2 minutes ago, Flatheadsickness said:

Thanks 93. 1993 was the first time I witnessed multiple lighting strikes in a winter storm but not the last. 2016 was great because of the local amounts but 93 was the real deal Holyfield. Not to mention the weather channel was great family entertainment back then. Heading back out to walk the Shepherd       

The 1993 storm of the century was awesome on so many levels! That’s the one that started my love for winter storms!

Just now, pasnownut said:

woke up at 4 and was just getting started.  Mixed w/ sleet in last hour, but now back to snow.  Show is about to start.  Take you seat and enjoy.

One small thing going against us, Horst JUST updated to say the storm is slow in development, and the "show" will be from 10am - 6pm. One thing I was hoping for was to be ripping by sunrise, but now things will be gearing up as we start fighting the sun angle. 

10 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

One small thing going against us, Horst JUST updated to say the storm is slow in development, and the "show" will be from 10am - 6pm. One thing I was hoping for was to be ripping by sunrise, but now things will be gearing up as we start fighting the sun angle. 

Hey Mike it's hard to believe that snow could still be falling after 10 tonight. It might be light,but still coming down.  I'm rooting for at least 8 inches today that would give me a storm total of 15.  Of course I would gladly take more! Lol 

Just now, daxx said:

Hey Mike it's hard to believe that snow could still be falling after 10 tonight. It might be light,but still coming down.  I'm rooting for at least 8 inches today that would give me a storm total of 15.  Of course I would gladly take more! Lol 

Brian...this is a storm delayed BUT not denied. I'm excited to see what happens. By the way...HUGE difference yesterday between work and Maytown. Left here with about 6" down and got home and saw grass. Unofficially i ended up with about 3.5" yesterday at home. 

1 minute ago, maytownpawx said:

Brian...this is a storm delayed BUT not denied. I'm excited to see what happens. By the way...HUGE difference yesterday between work and Maytown. Left here with about 6" down and got home and saw grass. Unofficially i ended up with about 3.5" yesterday at home. 

Wow that's one hell of a gradient.  I ended with a little over 7.  

1 minute ago, Flatheadsickness said:

I don't want to spoil any good vibes but at the start of round 2 and about 20 mins ago a little sleet mixed in very briefly but didn't show up on radar. it worry's me a little. Heading back out its mod/heavy here as of 10 mins ago 

Sleet/mixed precipitation has been well modeled and talked about for early this morning. Once intensity picks up and the coastal cranks it will be all snow. 

Eyeballing 4” in Manheim and coming down hard. Banding looks to be developing as the coastal takes over (check out gravity waves in precip over NJ near Philly - hallmark of strong vertical lift from a deepening LP). Wouldn’t be shocked at all to see some 12-16” amounts JUST from today’s snow. 

If you get into a 1-2”/hr band, ratios improve. 

On on my way into work now! Going to be a haul of a day...good luck guys!!

1 minute ago, AllWeather said:

Eyeballing 4” in Manheim and coming down hard. Banding looks to be developing as the coastal takes over (check out gravity waves in precip over NJ near Philly - hallmark of strong vertical lift from a deepening LP). Wouldn’t be shocked at all to see some 12-16” amounts JUST from today’s snow. 

Thanks Matt for the input.  If some see additional totals like that, this could be a top 5 March storm if not better.

3 minutes ago, AllWeather said:

Scary to think.   

Archived