Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - March 2018

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So once I empty out tomorrow morning, I have nowhere to go as empty trailers are banned on all Eastern PA interstates. Fifteen days away from home, and I'll be stranded because I can't drive back (legally) to my terminal to park the truck and go home.

THIS is why I hate this ****....

32 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Are we back lol.  

Anyway just measured 7.3” and it’s still moderate 

what da frick?? Im like an addict in need of my wx fix.....

that was a long 2 hours.

Dude....7.3"  congrats man.  I'd say 2" on my wood pile, but not all has been sticking.  That looks to change overnight....YAY

EURO on board it sounds......well lets get this train rolling!!

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

So once I empty out tomorrow morning, I have nowhere to go as empty trailers are banned on all Eastern PA interstates. Fifteen days away from home, and I'll be stranded because I can't drive back (legally) to my terminal to park the truck and go home.

I'm praying for you Steve.  God did answer your prayer for no snow since nothing has fallen as yet on I-80, assuming that's the route you took.

Lol the Mid-Atlantic and I-95 snow weenies need to act like they've been here before and not crash the board..geesh haha. 

17 minutes ago, skiier04 said:

Pretty frustrating to be getting fringed AGAIN on this one... not a single flake here yet and looking at radar it's probably gonna stay that way. Hope yall down south do well and maybe can still get a good ski day in at blue knob this week.

I know, I hate that this part of central PA has been divided so much with these bigger events in recent years. I wouldn't completely write off the whole event though in State College (or even Clearfield) as HRRR the last few runs have been showing a reconsolidating of the precip shield over a lot more of the state than say the 18z NAM did. In terms of QPF though still showing that tight line despite having a solid shield on simulated reflectivity over most of the state. The event is still well underway though at the end of the HRRR run. I still think State College will salvage at least a couple inches if not an advisory out of this in the end. 

15 minutes ago, Voyager said:

go buy a couple cases of beer.....load em up!!  Now your not empty.

Problem solved.

4 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I'm praying for you Steve.  God did answer your prayer for no snow since nothing has fallen as yet on I-80, assuming that's the route you took.

Yes, I did take I-80. The only weather I hit today was some freezing rain between Dayton and Columbus on I-70. One I got on I-71, it had stopped.

Light to moderate snow with 3" now on the ground. This event has only been really going on here since about 1:30 so that's pretty good work accumulating for the first day of spring at essentially the worst point of the day sun angle wise. 

Now to hopefully minimize or eliminate the lull that seems to be upcoming the first part of the evening. I'll probably clear one of my measuring points if the snow stops for awhile. 

10 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Now Chris...stop making up stories about your accumulations.  We know you don't want to keep the promises you made yesterday.  HAHAHA

I wish! Had two hours of decent snow, now it’s virtually stopped for the past 45 mins.  

Painfull seeing 20 miles south buried already, but it happens. Hope we get the good stuff tomorrow, but I’m not believing it until I see it with my own eyes.

13 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

LMK what it needs to say.  I can type anything.

See I'm here to help....

Let me think for a minute...lol

I guess I should post some weather. I'm parked for the night in Hazleton as I don't dare go home with truck. I'll probably get stuck climbing the hills out of Tamaqua.

Anyway, up here it's nothing but a virga storm at the moment. Looking north toward Wilkes-Barre, I can see the edge of the true snow clouds as it's very bright low to the horizon.

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

I wish! Had two hours of decent snow, now it’s virtually stopped for the past 45 mins.  

Painfull seeing 20 miles south buried already, but it happens. Hope we get the good stuff tomorrow, but I’m not believing it until I see it with my own eyes.

Buried.......

easy guy.  

Remeber the last 2 storm we were fringed w barely a dusting while you were buried in 6-7”. It happens. 

9 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Let me think for a minute...lol

I guess I should post some weather. I'm parked for the night in Hazleton as I don't dare go home with truck. I'll probably get stuck climbing the hills out of Tamaqua.

Anyway, up here it's nothing but a virga storm at the moment. Looking north toward Wilkes-Barre, I can see the edge of the true snow clouds as it's very bright low to the horizon.

You’d think they’d let logic dictate that you can at least get closer. 

Oh...I mentioned logic....well that ends that with our govt. they do all the thinkin for us.  

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Buried.......

easy guy.  

Remeber the last 2 storm we were fringed w barely a dusting while you were buried in 6-7”. It happens. 

Oh, I meant starting ... like the 7” down at the border. I’m not complaining- I am happy when any of gets snow. Just always bummed when you get fringed. My mulch is white though! Might have an inch, I can’t measure today on a wood surface so had to use a car. :)

Archived