• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - March 2018

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

You aren't going to miss out on part 1.  The progression of heavy snow northward is continuing, albeit very slowly.  Current radar shows that within the next hour both you and I should at least reach moderate, if not heavy snow.

The radar has had that look over the past 3 hours but nothing I do see more of a trend for the heavier stuff to hit our areas shortly. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, paweather said:

The radar has had that look over the past 3 hours but nothing I do see more of a trend for the heavier stuff to hit our areas shortly. 

I'm looking at NWS radar loop.  Anything green is at least moderate snow with the second and third shades being heavy.  There is a solid line of first level green just 10-15 miles south of you, and about 5 miles south of me, about to reach us.  We're also only 2 hours into this storm, remember that.  It's like Feb'83 when it took forever for the heavy snow to progress northward from Washington to Philly, to NYC.  Good things come to those who wait.

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I'm looking at NWS radar loop.  Anything green is at least moderate snow with the second and third shades being heavy.  There is a solid line of first level green just 10-15 miles south of you, and about 5 miles south of me, about to reach us.  We're also only 2 hours into this storm, remember that.  It's like Feb'83 when it took forever for the heavy snow to progress northward from Washington to Philly, to NYC.  Good things come to those who wait.

Exactly. Thanks Carlisle. 

5 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Man i must have greatness coming :P

Judging by radar appearance and progression I'm not sure how far north of an AOO/MDT line is going to jackpot with round 1.  It even looks like UNV will struggle to get much with round 1.  Looking like 40.5 North Latitude and south may be in the goods for this afternoon.  That's my semi-educated guess, along with taking a look at CrankyWxGuy's latest tweets...lol.

It seems to be re-starting here again now as the winds have suddenly ramped back up, gusting just a few minutes ago to 23mph from the NNE.  Flurries have become light snow.  Temp, which had dropped earlier to 31.5 went back up to 32.5 where they are now, but with a dew point still low at 17 degrees.

I'm going to post three pivotal maps in my next post from the 12Z 3K Nam which shows that MDT is only expected to reach 2" by 8pm this evening.  All the action occurs during the next 24 hours with it over with by 8pm tomorrow evening...

I think Canderson might be on to something...but only if it applies to round 1.  I might agree with that, ie the jackpot from round 1 is confined to Adams/York/Lanco.  Focus for rest of us north of there will be tonight through tomorrow with round 2.

Reviewing the NAM maps, the models definitely have underdone the accumulations thus far along and south of route 30.  Here's the 6Z Thursday 12K NAM maps for accumulations with Kuchera...

snku_acc.us_ne.png

Heaviest (so far) and steadiest snow has now arrived.  Light, flirting with moderate.  Enough to begin whitening the mulch.  Temp holding at 32.5, dew point now 18.  We're at peak solar insolation of the day so it's going to have to really pick up to accumulate.  But, nice to see it steady...for now.

Archived