• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - March 2018

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

actually I did, but a few of you snowhounds brought me back.

I dont deserve the title/credit, but appreciate it all the same.

This one makes the rest of the winter (when I thought many left) so this is much less bitter for me.  also a fitting end if this is it.

I was gonna say...I was pretty sure I was giving the pep talk about this event originally. :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning all....just came on and saw 80 new posts which I just caught up on.  Glad the roller coaster ride of the 6z ending with the 12z was short--lived.  

Currently, no flakes observed here yet.  Temp currently 34 with dp of 12.  There will be no problem wet bulbing down below 32.0 after the flakes get well underway.  Even with last week's 0.5" I started out at 36 and made it down to 32.5 and that was with only moderate snow for a while, and it did accumulate during the late morning hours.

On 3/13/2018 at 7:34 AM, maytownpawx said:

I'm on it. I feel like I've lost even the most optimistic people in this thread. I'm the new Jebman in here. I'm bringing this baby home...the great Equinox storm of 2018. Last night was a delicious appetizer...next week we feast at the buffet. It's coming...

7 days ago...it's now time to partake at the buffet! 

Sorry if this ends up hard to see (values themselves not important) but this is what I had mentioned earlier about the drier air aloft on the NAM 6z runs (right) killing the northern extent of the precip shield whereas NAM 12z (left) is keeping the dry air aloft further north like it had in previous runs and as a result precip shield further north.  Picked 12z Wednesday morning to compare so QPF totals are not important since phase 2 of event is really just starting to crank at this time but wanted to show that the difference in how the two runs handle the dry air aloft make a big difference in final output (not shown). 

Also, in nowcasting, there are early reports in parts of northern Virginia/western Maryland that are greater than what latest HRRR has for snow accumulation fwiw.

March20_6z_12z_NAM1.png

1. (2/2) Part 2 (tonight into Wed) is the coastal storm, though track is critical to outcome here. Snow, heavy at times, is likely late tonight into Wednesday. *Additional* snowfall of 3 to 6 inches likely. County high spots could exceed a foot for storm total snowfall. #SpringSnow

5m

(1/2) Storm Part 1 is here. Snow & sleet will ramp up into the midday & afternoon hours, so expect slushy travel to develop...especially if it snow/sleets heavily. Part 1 total (by 8pm): 1 to 4" (on grass & air cooled surfaces)...road conditions will vary depending on elevation.

39 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

I was gonna say...I was pretty sure I was giving the pep talk about this event originally. :)

you deserve the spoils bud....

I got tired/weak and almost bailed.  

Glad you wrangled me back into the corral.  Its really really good to be back from my 8 hr hiatus

Archived