Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - March 2018

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

@AllWeather

Are you feeling pretty good about 5"-8" for the LSV right now? Just curious what you're seeing this morning. 

Feeling pretty good about it right now. New 06z NAM made me pause and think for a second that 5-8 might be too high, but we will see what the 12z runs hold. 

A chunk of the modeling did did this exact same thing before the last 2 Nor’Easters. 24 hours out saw the maxima of any trend, then a quick adjustment after to match what it had 48 hours out. 

I can see higher numbers than 5-8” in high terrain spots and I also see lower than 5” for places that mix over or miss out on banding tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, maytownpawx said:

Good news, and thank you very much for your thoughts! We really do appreciate having you in here. Personally, you are my favorite met on TV. 

Thanks man! That means a lot. Love popping in here to see your guys’ thoughts on things. You guys are incredibly well-versed on the synoptics!

1 minute ago, AllWeather said:

Thanks man! That means a lot. Love popping in here to see your guys’ thoughts on things. You guys are incredibly well-versed on the synoptics!

Wow.  Thanks Matt.

im currently enrolled in a 2000+hour course on modelwatchology.

I enrolled about 20 years ago.

Just now, paweather said:

Nice! Bring it Nut this was your storm you never gave up. 

actually I did, but a few of you snowhounds brought me back.

I dont deserve the title/credit, but appreciate it all the same.

This one makes the rest of the winter (when I thought many left) so this is much less bitter for me.  also a fitting end if this is it.

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

Wow.  Thanks Matt.

im currently enrolled in a 2000+hour course on modelwatchology.

I enrolled about 20 years ago.

Haha same as a pilot I had to learn a lot about weather and really enjoyed it. Snow starting now about three miles from ski Roundtop. 

1 minute ago, AllWeather said:

Hey we’re in the same class! I still learn new things all the time. Never stop learning. 

then I'm honored to be there w/ you.

Yes, I learn so much every year (and last few have been big jumps for me).

Good luck w/ the forecast.  You and Joe are the dynamic duo at WGAL in my book.  Keep up the good work.

Nut

Archived