SnowHabit
Central PA - March 2018

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Here is the GFS Kuchera ratio map.

316B674C-8563-4CDC-8505-B7429C40C30F.png

How do these totals compare with runs from earlier today?  Kuchera looking like solid 10" for MDT area.  Since everyone suddenly stopped posting I couldn't tell if there was horrible news from the GFS or everyone was worn out over the NAM hoopla...lol.

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

How do these totals compare with runs from earlier today?  Kuchera looking like solid 10" for MDT area.  Since everyone suddenly stopped posting I couldn't tell if there was horrible news from the GFS or everyone was worn out over the NAM hoopla...lol.

GFS IS SOLID 

Good morning!

I'm ready (cautiously) to bump my numbers up to 4"-7" for the Lancaster, York, Lebanon, and Dauphin counties. I still think we need to see exactly where the coastal takes shape...I mean guidance looks great, but it looked great earlier this winter and we saw our hopes dashed at the last minute when it formed farther offshore. Assuming it is tucked in <100 miles, I think 4" is a lock and we go up from there. I think our potential is probably capped around the 10"-12" mark but what do i know. 

Tomorrow morning looks like an UGLY commute to work. 

*I would go 6"-10" for Cashtown right now with an upside there of around 14" or so. 

11 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Good morning!

I'm ready (cautiously) to bump my numbers up to 4"-7" for the Lancaster, York, Lebanon, and Dauphin counties. I still think we need to see exactly where the coastal takes shape...I mean guidance looks great, but it looked great earlier this winter and we saw our hopes dashed at the last minute when it formed farther offshore. Assuming it is tucked in <100 miles, I think 4" is a lock and we go up from there. I think our potential is probably capped around the 10"-12" mark but what do i know. 

Tomorrow morning looks like an UGLY commute to work. 

*I would go 6"-10" for Cashtown right now with an upside there of around 14" or so. 

Agreed, tomorrow AM is gonna suck. i'm going to go out on a limb that schools will close on Wednesday.:D

Just now, Superstorm said:

Colder air pressing more?

More sleet than expected down south.

I think that's likely it. 

Even though our immediate area still looks good, there was a discernible trend south overnight. The Euro really cut back to the north and west of Harrisburg and the NAM cut back drastically at 6z.

Right now if I was PSUhoffman i'd be feeling really, really good...

Archived