Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - March 2018

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, maytownpawx said:

Looks amazing for you and me right now, but again it is trending south...

Wasn't it even 24 hours ago that we were hearing the concerns of Horst and the storm coming too far north???  What are his updated thoughts today given the changes over the past 24 hours?  Right now LANCO is in the score zone according to the latest NAM.

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Wasn't it even 24 hours ago that we were hearing the concerns of Horst and the storm coming too far north???  What are his updated thoughts today given the changes over the past 24 hours?  Right now LANCO is in the score zone according to the latest NAM.

He favored a track over or just south of us, so it will be interesting to see what happens when he updates again. 

7 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Looks amazing for you and me right now, but again it is trending south...

I like the look of the NAM. It rides the initial low into eastern Kentucky & then develops a low in the Carolinas that travels up off of the Delmarva coast before heading east. If that verifies, The LSV will be in a great spot for a 6-12 inch type of storm.

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I like the look of the NAM. It rides the initial low into eastern Kentucky & then develops a low in the Carolinas that travels up off of the Delmarva coast before heading east. If that verifies, The LSV will be in a great spot for a 6-12 inch type of storm.

IF it's right that's a money track...

37 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Yep. Strongly agree.

Many have commented that the Euro has not Been the same since the upgrade a year or 2 ago.

A few times this winter the Euro has called for snow on the same day as the storm was taking place, only to have it miss. It is not the guru that it used to be for eastern US weather. 

14 minutes ago, 2001kx said:

yuck

Problem with the set up now is that it's going to be a rather narrow strip oriented east-west that will score. It would have to perfectly aligned with you on the northern periphery and me on the southern periphery for us to both win. Highly, highly unlikely. Right now I'd lean more toward us both losing out, but no one can say anything with any certainty yet.  

19 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Many have commented that the Euro has not Been the same since the upgrade a year or 2 ago.

A few times this winter the Euro has called for snow on the same day as the storm was taking place, only to have it miss. It is not the guru that it used to be for eastern US weather. 

Unfortunately, the Euro is not on it's own though. And with the last storm, once it lost it, it never wavered. And it was right. 

3 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Unfortunately, the Euro is not on it's own though. And with the last storm, once it lost it, it never wavered. And it was right. 

The GFS & Canadian at 12z have the same general set up, with the Canadian being a little further north with the initial low, so it is a crowd pleaser in here with 6 inches up to I-80 & 8-10 inches towards the LSV. We also have the NAM on our side.

We may be moving away from a HECS potential, but I think we have a chance at a 6-10 inch storm that I think most of us could live with.

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Would be awesome and I agree about being interested about what Horst says.

35 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The GFS & Canadian at 12z have the same general set up, with the Canadian being a little further north with the initial low, so it is a crowd pleaser in here with 6 inches up to I-80 & 8-10 inches towards the LSV. We also have the NAM on our side.

We may be moving away from a HECS potential, but I think we have a chance at a 6-10 inch storm that I think most of us could live with.

Flow is too progressive and with no buckling HECS highly unlikely. Way to get big totals though is for the LP to stall as some models were hinting at. 

39 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

The southward shift still leaves you near the bulls eye of 12".  No one has mentioned Horst's update today.  What did he have to say?  His forecast area is in one of the max zones with both the 12Z and 18Z runs of the NAM.

The LSV is also near the max snow zone on both the 12z EPS & the 18z GEFS. About 50% of the EPS members & about 75% of the GEFS members bring good snow amounts to the LSV, including some really good hits.

I think the LSV will end up in a good spot for this event. Let’s hope the ensembles lead the way to a good 0z run !

7BD74365-79CE-47AF-9C2C-7DCE5A8CFA3E.png

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The EPS went way north at 12z.

This is far from over.

Upon further review of the EPS, it moved the 2 inch snow line from around Route 30 on the 0z run last night  & took it the whole way up to around I-80 for the 12z run today. That’s only about a 80 mile or so swing north in 1 run !

Archived