Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - March 2018

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

There have only been a handful of good TRUE Miller Bs (not hybrids). Christmas 2002 the last I remember for central PA.

They are tricky and if they don’t come together or move to Far East, we will do poorly.

I’m still confident on that ULL making this thing go boom and send accumulating snow westward. We shall see.

yeah i agree man.  Yet the MA forum thinks we kill it up here with them, when the reality is we often get digital snow.....but very little on the ground.  

next few hours have been modeled to be go boom time for the coastal.  You can see it on radar/wv loop.  

I'm keeping my eye on next Monday as that one has potential as well.

And for those that think winter is over, go look at the 500's on the 6z GFS.  If you hate this game, you may hate it a little longer.  Looking at CTP map from this morning, they must feel confident in coastal crankin cause we are at 7".  I think there map is 30-40 miles west of reality.  As always, I'll be glad to be wrong.

Don't take this as a b**ch, its just a statement. But in my mind, i'm ready now for spring. I'm ready to work in the yard, i'm ready to grab a beer and jump on my John Deere and crank the tunes. 

having said that, i'd still accept any and all snow Momma nature wants to toss our way. 

and X-mas '02, i F-ing loved that storm

10 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Don't take this as a b**ch, its just a statement. But in my mind, i'm ready now for spring. I'm ready to work in the yard, i'm ready to grab a beer and jump on my John Deere and crank the tunes. 

having said that, i'd still accept any and all snow Momma nature wants to toss our way. 

I'll never stop enjoying the chase, but it gets tiring...no doubt.  When you lose enough times....you become a loser :) .  

I bought the motorcycle for that very reason, you cannot change what you cant control, so I'll find ways to smile instead of being sore about it. 

Mid march i shift into summer survival mode and just suck it up.  The frustration is when we dont really have a few good periods/snows that hang around (because yall know it CAN do that around here).  We just need our few month fix and then its all good. 

That fix was for year #3 largely unsatisfied.  That pill grows larger for me every year.  

15 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

If it wasn't for what is showing up on the models for Sunday/Monday, I might be right there with ya'. 

Right now though...I just can't. Gotta see what happens with this next one. If that fails and there's nothing interesting showing up it might be time to close the shades...

3.3” of heavy wet snow this morning from that band, which is starting to feel that March sun through the clouds as precipitation has let up for now. I can’t believe it... an overachiever. Near term models left me for dead when I went to back to bed this morning. 

IMG_2434.thumb.jpg.04e9e3673a2a8bc3c36d04f083e2bbb4.jpg

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

3.3” of heavy wet snow this morning from that band, which is starting to feel that March sun through the clouds as precipitation has let up for now. I can’t believe it... an overachiever. Near term models left me for dead when I went to back to bed this morning. 

Interesting how there were quite a few that were expecting nothing and got something, and there were quite a few that were expecting a dump and got very little. 

I love a good snow storm better than most.  But I was hoping this would be "our" storm and the Sunday/Monday storm would fizzle.  I have to drive to Boston on Monday for my daughter's surgery/infusion on Tuesday.  Last time I had to drive up was Jan 28th and had to deal with crappy weather/ice the whole way home on the 29th.  The 6.5 hour trip took almost 9 hours because of accidents.

This reminds me of March 2001. WOW. Miller B's have to be the worst to forecast unless you are due east. What a Bust. I would not put much stock in the GFS for Monday. CMC wants nothing to do with it. NAM/HHRR wins from yesterday's trends. Congrats Mag you may be the winner until you get to Reading/Allentown line.  

This reminds me of March 2001. WOW. Miller B's have to be the worst to forecast unless you are due east. What a Bust. I would not put much stock in the GFS for Monday. CMC wants nothing to do with it. NAM/HHRR wins from yesterday's trends. Congrats Mag you may be the winner until you get to Reading/Allentown line.  

Guy from Western Chester County already at 7.5 inches.

7 minutes ago, paweather said:

I don't think anyone here will be anything beyond cautious, especially after today. I wouldn't say the Canadian wants nothing to do with it, right now it's further south but has the storm. It simply didn't phase to the extent the GFS did.

There were a couple of NAM runs yesterday that gave me well over a foot today. Just saying. Last evening's HRRR runs were the first red flags for today and then the 0z NAM quickly followed. 

8 minutes ago, paweather said:

much less separation and "moving parts" if you will.  Current storm was a NS LP w/ primary transfer was from central OH to VA.  Mondays is a SS LP that comes across the bluegrass states and transfers further better.  Sure we still can get screwed just the same, but I'd take my chances from a southern stream transfer as it will he colder and a little less messy.

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

much less separation and "moving parts" if you will.  Current storm was a NS LP w/ primary transfer was from central OH to VA.  Mondays is a SS LP that comes across the bluegrass states and transfers further better.  Sure we still can get screwed just the same, but I'd take my chances from a southern stream transfer as it will he colder and a little less messy.

as always this hobby we all will take our chances. I like UKIE is in line with the GFS. 

33 minutes ago, canderson said:

Sun poked out 5 mins ago, looks like it’s trying again now. 

Not only did we not get a trace of snow, we actually got dryslotted. 

It was snowing last night and when i first woke at 2am, it had stopped but my grass was covered and was like that at 530 when i left the house. i pulled in over here and it was just wet, no white. 

Archived