Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - March 2018

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Holy crap!!

12k for the win.....YES!!  Please oh please oh please!!!!

and thats only out to 33.  still snowin

namconus_asnow_neus_12.png

If nothing else, it's good to see this come back our way a bit. The trends at 18z and 0z weren't friendly to us...honestly I wasn't sure what to expect today. Off to a good start with the 12z package. 

Just now, maytownpawx said:

If nothing else, it's good to see this come back our way a bit. The trends at 18z and 0z weren't friendly to us...honestly I wasn't sure what to expect today. Off to a good start with the 12z package. 

Agreed.  Lats night stepped away....today (so far) steps back. 

IF 3k and GFS tick west, i'll open both eyes, but riding the razor is scary and we need 18z/0z to hold, or I'll stick w/ my 4-8" call (to people that ask me down this way).   

So thankful for this subforum...a quick perusal this morning finds people insulting each other in the Philly thread, insulting each other in the NYC thread, and there's almost always bickering in the MD/DC thread. I appreciate that most if not all in here have at least a few ounces of maturity. 

I have a hunch that the GFS goes east...not sure why, just kind of have that feeling. Then I fully expect another tick west by the Euro...

14 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

So thankful for this subforum...a quick perusal this morning finds people insulting each other in the Philly thread, insulting each other in the NYC thread, and there's almost always bickering in the MD/DC thread. I appreciate that most if not all in here have at least a few ounces of maturity. 

I have a hunch that the GFS goes east...not sure why, just kind of have that feeling. Then I fully expect another tick west by the Euro...

while y'all know i poke fun....its almost always just in fun.  All in all, we are a lucky respectful bunch and that is perty cool.  

I'm gonna place a beer bet that gfs follows NAM suite and ticks west. 

I'll gladly settle up anywhere, and we can invite the rest of the crew to see me pay up.  It would be nice to put a GTG in the works sometime.  

19 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Yes please.   Wow

FREAKIN CASHTOWN death band!!  Dude, i dont know how you do it, but i cant count the times CCB's/deformation bands...whatever have raked you out there.

Your name is fitting for the snowlovers in this board, as you surely are in cashtown...snowwise.

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

while y'all know i poke fun....its almost always just in fun.  All in all, we are a lucky respectful bunch and that is perty cool.  

I'm gonna place a beer bet that gfs follows NAM suite and ticks west. 

I'll gladly settle up anywhere, and we can invite the rest of the crew to see me pay up.  It would be nice to put a GTG in the works sometime.  

Sounds like both a plan and a challenge...we'll know soon enough. It just seems way too easy for the GFS to come west. We don't do easy around these parts. Fully expecting eastern weenies to be rejoicing soon...

GFS at 500 it dug a litte more south and likely closed off at @ 33ish (basing of NAM's progression).  This is the tug that some needed to give better/cleaner look to coastal transfer IMO.  Precip sheild is better NW as a result. 

Enjoy your lunch everyone.

4 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Ah it's good to be me...wrong more often than not. Time for me to hit the ATM Nutter! :)

GTG or not, I'm holding you to a friendly beer.  We've been doing this a long time virtually, and it'd be nice to put a name to a face.

Truth told, the primary low has been showing signs of weakness and my gut just said the coastal just needed to catch up on the models....for this one. 

So so many times this is not the case w/ "killer" B's.

I do think your east correction is still coming, but likely 0z.  Just need 18z to trend one more tick right before that, and i think we are close to the solution.

14 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

GTG or not, I'm holding you to a friendly beer.  We've been doing this a long time virtually, and it'd be nice to put a name to a face.

Truth told, the primary low has been showing signs of weakness and my gut just said the coastal just needed to catch up on the models....for this one. 

So so many times this is not the case w/ "killer" B's.

I do think your east correction is still coming, but likely 0z.  Just need 18z to trend one more tick right before that, and i think we are close to the solution.

i know, or i should say i think we have discussed this before, but wasn't one of our Biggies considered a Miller B? (Biggies meaning like 83, 96) meaning that it has actually happened once?

Archived