HARTFORD-BRADLEY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT WBAN 74.9
Hartford Area ThreadEx 74.9
WOODBURY COOP 78.4
BARKHAMSTED COOP 79.3
DANBURY COOP 90.3
STAFFORDVILLE COOP 92.5

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Hi,

I haven’t seen much snow the last few years. Where do I sign?

Yes,  your Mid Atlantic experience and gratitude will be good in helping us keep the right perspective here in the valley, we usually get shadowed or shafted in certain events but it's all relative to climo.  Still hell of a lot better than DCA.   Even in 03 with 75 inches some would have been envious of ORH with around 110 or so I believe but 75 is well above the average of 48 at BDL and a very good winter.     

• Like 2

I am very intrigued by the central to west based positive SST anomalies in the equatorial Pacific Ocean.  This should put the ridging in the PNA region and EPO region quite nicely, ridging into Alaska and the NW territories of Canada allowing for East Coast troughing and Greenland ridging.  The next 12-14 days will show signs of our first snowfall in SNE.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

02/03 Ct snow 88.5 here

STORRS COOP 62.5
Bridgeport Area ThreadEx 64.0
IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORI AP WBAN 64.0
STAFFORD SPRINGS 2 COOP 71.6
WEST THOMPSON LAKE COOP 71.8
SHUTTLE MEADOW RESERVOIR COOP 74.1
WOODBURY COOP 78.4
BARKHAMSTED COOP 79.3
DANBURY COOP 90.3
STAFFORDVILLE COOP 92.5

That was my best winter, 83" and that was measuring depth only. One of the coolest things about that winter is it snowed consistently from late November through early April. I guess January had a quiet stretch but other than that it was rockin' and rollin'.

7 hours ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I am very intrigued by the central to west based positive SST anomalies in the equatorial Pacific Ocean.  This should put the ridging in the PNA region and EPO region quite nicely, ridging into Alaska and the NW territories of Canada allowing for East Coast troughing and Greenland ridging.  The next 12-14 days will show signs of our first snowfall in SNE.

Thanks. You’ll get yours eventually too out there. 

8 hours ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Agree. Folks seem to forget that it's the -EPO/+PNA that delivers the cold, it's a -NAO that locks it in. -NAO very useful for storm purposes if blocking is in the right place, but without the Pacific pattern being right you could get a -NAO & a lot of warmth like 2011-12.  So, here's to Pacific delivering the goods! And it appears NAO may have more negative bouts than first anticipated...hopefully.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, stadiumwave said:

Agree. Folks seem to forget that it's the -EPO/+PNA that delivers the cold, it's a -NAO that locks it in. -NAO very useful for storm purposes if blocking is in the right place, but without the Pacific pattern being right you could get a -NAO & a lot of warmth like 2011-12.  So, here's to Pacific delivering the goods! And it appears NAO may have more negative bouts than first anticipated...hopefully.

This.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2018 at 7:07 PM, Ginx snewx said:

02/03 Ct snow 88.5 here

STORRS COOP 62.5
Bridgeport Area ThreadEx 64.0
IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORI AP WBAN 64.0
STAFFORD SPRINGS 2 COOP 71.6
WEST THOMPSON LAKE COOP 71.8
SHUTTLE MEADOW RESERVOIR COOP 74.1
WOODBURY COOP 78.4
BARKHAMSTED COOP 79.3
DANBURY COOP 90.3
STAFFORDVILLE COOP 92.5

Where’s my old stomping grounds of GON on that?

12 hours ago, 8611Blizz said:

I think you're looking at NYC or Philly.  Boston is listed as Above Normal. Regardless it's still good to see.

I think the difference in the "much more" vs. "more" forecast is tied to the impact cooler temps would make more precipitation in NYC snow rather than NCP.  Boston's somewhat cooler temps (climo) are less likely to be impacted--snowing at 32* and snowing at 31* isn't making the difference.

To be sure, the cooler temps help in Boston since it flips frequently.  But I'm speculating that the increase is tied more to precip than temp for Boston and for NYC the combo of temp and precip.

Either way--it sounds good.  Hopefully the precip will make it up to Pit2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

I think the difference in the "much more" vs. "more" forecast is tied to the impact cooler temps would make more precipitation in NYC snow rather than NCP.  Boston's somewhat cooler temps (climo) are less likely to be impacted--snowing at 32* and snowing at 31* isn't making the difference.

To be sure, the cooler temps help in Boston since it flips frequently.  But I'm speculating that the increase is tied more to precip than temp for Boston and for NYC the combo of temp and precip.

Either way--it sounds good.  Hopefully the precip will make it up to Pit2.

One big storm puts nyc at normal while it takes two big storms for bos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DT is going with a very snowy and cold winter for the east coast. He has February being very cold and snowy with the December , January and March being near normal.

He has the east coast from the Mid Atalntic to New England being 200 percent above normal with snowfall this winter. First time ever he has done that.

https://youtu.be/BsSvbF1IcXs

49 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Looking more and more likely we have a month and half of winter in sne. Gotta pile it up quickly in late Jan and Feb. 

What happened to all your optimism from a month ago(the drum beats are getting louder etc etc)...your posts are sounding more and more like somebody else who lives a lil northeast of you....you’re better than this.