• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Forecast Discussion

IWXwx

It's hard to believe it is March 1st and no one has started a discussion thread for this transition month.

There are lots of 'Bring on Spring' calls on the board, but even here in the subtropics of FWA land, I still watch for the rouge cement dump until astronomical spring. In the meantime, just waiting to see my first robin.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, blackrock said:

The maps you posted are from the runs several days ago. The individual run was also warmer several days ago. We'll see...

An average of 3 days up until yesterday? :lmao: Dude I would not look at the individual runs of the CFS for any sort of merit. It is like a very coarse version of the GFS that goes out two times longer.

2 minutes ago, Stebo said:

An average of 3 days up until yesterday? :lmao: Dude I would not look at the individual runs of the CFS for any sort of merit. It is like a very coarse version of the GFS that goes out two times longer.

No, I meant it was warmer for the long range several days ago. But, yes, I know. I guess I am looking with weenie glasses hoping for SOME sign of winter again before we enter my least favorite season. :P 

1 minute ago, blackrock said:

No, I meant it was warmer for the long range several days ago. But, yes, I know. I guess I am looking with weenie glasses hoping for SOME sign of winter again before we enter my least favorite season. :P 

Ahh, well you have to factor in the beginning of the month is going to be below normal by a good margin so to get to those above average departures, the rest of the month is really going to be warm.

You'd have no idea that we were once facing the possibility of a warning criteria snow event a few days ago for today.  Turned out to be a nice day with lots of sun and temp near 50 degrees.  Some nice convective looking cu popped up in the afternoon as well.

The cu could have fooled me if I didn’t know what the date is - looked downright June like on the commute home - with all of 48 on the car thermometer.

15 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Yesterday was one of those rare 0.0 skycover days at DTW.

28685560_10109811299858253_6570693259880

28467980_10109811831472893_7455362088793

Gotta say, that swath right over our backyard is an odd one. It’s not that often you see THAT much bare ground around the lakes in early March. Our luck is on display.

9 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Its crazy the water content in the snow piles. While waiting at a restaurant, I decided to see if I could walk on the snow. Needless to say I didnt budge any.

28379785_10109813503517103_5351544993175

And the huge mall piles...it will be interesting to see when they melt in full. Its hard as a rock now.

28660850_10109814507150813_8995371182930

Some classic late may, dirt covered remnants right there. 

Archived