SnowHabit
March Discobs Thread

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, WVclimo said:

Through 3 weeks March is 3.6 degrees colder than February was at DCA.  IAD is 4.5 degrees colder and BWI is 3.4 degrees colder.

I think March and Feb filled out a trade slip for this year......

40.2/22.3 here at 3:30 with the sun shining through high cirrus clouds. Drip, drip, drip. Still had 8 inches on ground this am, but that is compacting/melting this afternoon.

Today, I made another snow chase to Jefferson County in West Virginia. I found 7 inches of wet snow on the ground near Charles Town. Then, I drove west into Berkeley County for the very first time in my life. WOW! That place is one big pile of deep snow! I got to within 3 miles of Martinsburg! Even the fields were one big pure white expanse of beautiful snow! You know at the end of this year's Panic Room topic when WxWatcher 007 goes to find winter, you know where he went to find that sweet beautiful place with all the pure deep snow? He went to Berkeley County in West Virginia! I know, I found it too!

Another thing I just remembered - On the ridge where Rt 7 and RT 9 come together, I saw drifts. The snow up there must have been pretty dry and it got blown around. 

I want to LIVE in Berkeley County SO BAD! Hell, I dont like Berkeley County, I worship Berkeley County!

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Just saw Euro has mid 30s for highs Sunday and a few snow showers around . 

Only hit 41 here today.  Still got 5" - 5.5" on Avg snowpack left . Some spots up to 7" ..

How far is it to Carroll County? How do i get there? I want to see some deep snowpack so bad. I miss my snow.

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Im about 70 miles or so from DC . You should move up this way... but bring a big shovel ..lol

You should chase down at Blacksburg tomorrow.  They might get 6-10"

I could drive up there in two hours! I should visit your hometown while there is still snow lol

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Similar pack here 4- 6" 

Thurs.high-  42

Fri high.  -    41

I love winter but I'm seriously craving spring.  We need to end this cycle of blah winters and springs that never want to start.  Should be getting the gardens ready today, going to the kid's soccer games and trying to squeeze in a first float on the kayak for some early season smallmouth.  

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Looks like snow showers arrive in the morning with temps  in the 20s . Someone could get a quick coating before noon esp..Baltimore  s/e per 18z  3k. Something to watch 

There is a 20% chance in my forecast, but it looks like it would occur late enough in the morning that temps should be well above freezing by then. Could surprise in a few places I guess.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived