Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Discobs Thread

George BM

9 minutes ago, high risk said:

I think this was mentioned by Mr Chill previously, but the upper trough axis swings through on Wednesday with some pretty amazing lapse rates, per the GFS.    There would be convective snow bursts for sure.

12z Euro had H5 temps getting down to -40 to -42C during the day on Wednesday.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nj2va said:

I’ve been outside on the patio all afternoon. Sun feels like 70s even though it’s 49. Sun angle FTW

I agree. Played 18 holes both yesterday and today, and once you got to noon or so (past the early morning chill), it was quite comfortable out there. Much warmer feeling then playing in 50ish degrees in January.

Glad I set that 'bar' low. Still lightly snowing here and up to 1.7 on the snowboard, driveway has melted and some of the snow in trees is falling off as the March sun does its thing. In a mini hole here, split north and south of me with bigger returns on radar and reports of 3-4 south and 5-6 north of me 20-30 miles each way. Even 'winning' this winter is a challenge lol.

6 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Glad I set that 'bar' low. Still lightly snowing here and up to 1.7 on the snowboard, driveway has melted and some of the snow in trees is falling off as the March sun does its thing. In a mini hole here, split north and south of me with bigger returns on radar and reports of 3-4 south and 5-6 north of me 20-30 miles each way. Even 'winning' this winter is a challenge lol.

I have received 3.10 inches on the snowboard in eastern Augusta County with moderate snow still falling. 30 degrees with a northeast breeze of 4 - 8 mph.

Purple Powder Alert issued by White Grass.  Last week's snow was beaten back into a hard base by the March sun over the weekend, but we were blasted by 7" of powder overnight and due for another 3-6" plus today and tonight.  Should be over 30" for the month by the end of today.  Nice to have this shot of winter after the crazy Feb thaw.

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Are these radar echoes producing anything? Nothing in greenbelt despite some blue nearby on radar.

Sitting at a lunch in Tyson’s and I’m pretty sure I just saw a quick flizzard.  Couldn’t tell if it was flurries or just dust debris, but after checking the radar I’m pretty sure it was snow.  Lasted 30 seconds tops. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived