Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Do people really not want snow whenever possible? I know that it’s going to get warm in the summer. I don’t know that it’s going to snow next year. Therefore snow > all.

Raises hand. I don’t. Really. It’s spring. I want to be outside, and planting things. Etc. it’s ok to like spring.  Spring isn’t summer - we are wasting prime days when highs could be in the 60 or 70s. Every day we waste now without those raises chances we miss those and go to 80s. I don’t think I am abnormal for feeling this way, altho a core of you make me feel weird for daring to say I like spring.

13 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I get liking spring, it’s definitely the nicest weather of the year. But giving the amount of agony we go through to get snow, I’d take it any time of year.

I wouldn’t want snow in the summer or anything like that, but I mostly agree with you. We don’t get enough snow for me to get “sick of it”. If I lived in northern New England, then I’d probably sound more like North Balti Zen by the time April rolls around, because warm weather is actually a scarce thing there and they get enough snow that even a moderate snow weenie is ready to move on by then. I imagine Vermont can go for weeks in April without hitting 60, but for us it’s a guarantee, not to mention it often comes with sunshine, so that’s why waiting an extra week or two for those “nice days” isn’t a big deal for me.

On the other hand, snow and cold are much harder to come by around our area, so if we get a few spring snowstorms, oh well.... the warm lovers will finally realize how a lot of us feel when it’s 60 or 70 during our peak snow climo.

36 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Only on this board is having the view that each season is good in its own right considered radical. 

Pretty sure most folks here enjoy all the seasons. Weather gonna weather though. If people want to root for a little April snow, so what? The pattern looks anomalously cold, and there isn't a single thing anyone can do about that. The most likely outcome is that it wont snow anyway. So, chilly with some rain it is!

I would love to see some research done on why the Polar Vortex gravitated to the Hudson Bay and Great Lakes this long-wavelength season. It's prime for land-sea interaction differences. (I think waves are moving faster over the ocean and slower over land). The 6z GFS and 0z Euro are pretty intense on this pattern. 

36 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Much more important than the weather, it is Good Friday, and by good I mean I am on a mission to score some KBS.

I'll be looking for some here today too. Also, I have a fun Saturday planned where I'm heading down to southern MD to help out an old friend at his hops farm in the early afternoon, and then hit up a couple of local breweries in that area that he supplies later in the day.

17 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

But really, I don't understand such rapid change. Let's talk about weather, the element 7.6 billion people are submissive to. Accuweather forum has like 5 posts a day. There is a European forum that is pretty good but the people are crabby 

They're also submissive to the needs to eat and drink. For many, weather is the reason you have a roof over your head.

1 hour ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

submissive is a bad word but weather is a hot subject, but one has to wonder what is wrong when something of a gap like this appears. 

there is far too much innuendo in this post 

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Looks like KBS is in stock in Maryland now.

I bought some last year.  Very good beer, but, I failed to see how it was worth the hype or the price.

I sort of agree, but it is really good stuff. I like most of Founders beers a lot. They just seem to hit the right notes for me.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived