Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AdamHLG said:

While the new Euro is great and all, I am waiting for my NWS alert radio to tone out a winter weather advisory for northern Baltimore county instead lolol.

I don't normally care whether LWX issues a watch or warning or advisory, but after this amazing Euro run I think they should consider watches for more of the area. I think they will by this evening or tonight. Wednesday will be the big day. Boom.

1 hour ago, mappy said:

I'm not so sure schools rely on LWX to tell them what to do. I think they make their own judgement calls based on a wide variety of things, including real time what is happening weather (aka, tomorrow morning whether its raining/sleeting/snowing and the full day forecast). 

Yeah, that is also true. But on my county’s website it says that they use National Weather Service forecast as consideration among other things. For January 6th, 2015,  our county didn’t close schools and apologized later that day for their wrong decision as there were many accidents caused by it. I don’t remember exactly if LWX had issued an advisory/watch for that event, tho. 

15 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

And just like that...the fragile peace that held us together since the last epic fail begins to fray. 

The Northerners are preparing to defend their land with the leadership of @psuhoffman.

giphy.gif

The Western Crew, which has suffered in the desert between the mountains and urban zone are completing final drills. 

giphy.gif

The People of the Bay are doing their ritualistic dance, dressed in navy garb, just as they have done before all the other victories they have secured this season. 

giphy.gif

@H2O has consolidated power over the Virginia Gang and is rallying the people as we speak. 

giphy.gif

The Capital District has Randy. Perhaps the most vicious of us all. 

giphy.gif

My people, the MoCo-HoCo Deathband, have a new leader. He stepped forward from his humble city-state where he only cared about his backyard for his coronation. He shall bring us victory! All hail the King, @Bob Chill

giphy.gif

Well Dam, Reaper. You finally figured out how to post video. Good on you. B)

I love this place. Non-stop entertainment. Can't wait till we start doing the Obs. Us Southern folks will be watching the snow pile up all around us while we get sleeted to death. Which is perfectly fine with me. I love sleet. This looks to come together quite nicely for everyone. Just what everyone needs.

11 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I will say this on LWX - the point and click on noaa.gov for my part of Baltimore City is for 1 inch of snow. That seems...REALLY off. Even with a conservative approach.

Yeah, I think they should give a much better heads up. @Ellinwood's call of 2-4" in the cities and 4-8"+ in the northern and western areas is realistic IMO. Forecasting 1-2" for the whole event is not.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived