Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter

George BM

1 minute ago, T. August said:

Don’t you think those with power/authority should be held to higher standards?

Sure, if they're actually authority figures in a setting where that authority makes a difference.

This, on the other hand, is a fairly laid-back weather forum, so no. I think they let people get away with banter occasionally and they themselves post banter occasionally and in the end as long as the thread isn't too messy it's not a big deal.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, H2O said:

Not trying to pick a fight with you but we technically aren't in a position of authority.  We are limited in what we can do and we can't take any action beyond hiding posts.

I get it, but technically you are the most powerful people on the forum lol. So you will be jumped on and grilled. It’s only natural and I’m sure you get.

3 minutes ago, T. August said:

Don’t you think those with power/authority should be held to higher standards?

If they can suspend or 5-post people, then yeah. If they can only delete posts, then I don't really think so. I think stormtracker summed it up well.

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Not trying to pick a fight with you but we technically aren't in a position of authority.  We are limited in what we can do and we can't take any action beyond hiding posts.

That's disingenuous. You have more "power" than the standard user so you, however remote that power really is, do have a position of authority .

1 minute ago, Interstate said:

Yes I was posting more banter in the discussion thread back then when I shouldn't have.  I read Bob's PSA and have clean up my posting when we are in Storm Mode.

Right.  You don't become instant expert on things then.  Sorry.  There are 100x worse posts that get in these storm mode threads cause people like your old self can't shut the eff up. Roll out.  Thats all I can say.

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Ok everybody.  Breathe.

Mappy is human.  She volunteers for this thankless job and I'm glad she does.   Her judgement (and mine and every single other moderator) won't be perfect all the time, but she does a damn good job.   Now that H20 guy is a ****.     If you have a complaint, talk to me and I'll address it.   

Relax and let's move on and enjoy the HECS we're about to receive.   20"-35" or bust. 

This is universally known and accepted as fact.  Like water is wet.  See what i did there?

2 hours ago, Interstate said:

I don't know... It sometimes rubs me the wrong way... when a storm mode threat is started... and certain people ask to keep it clean, to only have the same people ask for IMBY forecasts.

Being up at 3 am I am quite often on these boards before the mods even get a chance to clean up. And let me tell you, there have been some mornings where I have given up on reading for the shear mass of stupidity and crap that has been deposited in these threads. So God only knows how much time our Mods spend of their personal time just to make the threads readable for the rest of us. Time that could have been spent elsewhere such as tracking the models and the in-depth discussion. So if a Mod asks for a quick breakdown of their yard you can be dam sure I am going to give it to them and gladly I might add. I sure as hell am not going to call them out on it. 

4 minutes ago, T. August said:

I get it, but technically you are the most powerful people on the forum lol. So you will be jumped on and grilled. It’s only natural and I’m sure you get.

Well I'm powerful only because of my vast knowledge of Magic the Gathering.  

But understand that while we try to act tough and get people to post properly there is very little we can and actually do.  

For the record , I like most everyone here and value this board. I’ve made the mistake of getting sideways this winter for a time with some posters I respect. Maybe everyone count to five and relax. The mods have a pretty thankless job and are not gonna be perfect. 

Nor are the non-mods.

we could really use a big snowstorm. 26 months between storms is too long.

I tell you what. The mods ( @mappy, @H2O) are really dropping the ball here. There is obviously an urgent need to discuss when watches, warnings, etc... need to be posted and to what degree. If the mods had any sense they would devote a separate thread for this. After all the authorities need quick access to this information so that they can make an informed call. And God knows, the storm follows these watches and warnings to a tee so it needs to understand how it is to perform. Come on Mods, pick up your game.

i honestly think i'm a bit like bob chill when it comes to this stuff.  there's very few posts that bother me.  the only ones that do are when people get overly snarky or resort to belittling/attacking.  that really can sour a thread.  i just think when it gets to that level it's better to work things out via banter thread/PM to shake out the disagreements.  analysis competitions show their face on all forums.  you gotta just sift through what you agree/disagree with.

Just now, 87storms said:

i honestly think i'm a bit like bob chill when it comes to this stuff.  there's very few posts that bother me.  the only ones that do are when people get overly snarky or resort to belittling/attacking.  that really can sour a thread.  i just think when it gets to that level it's better to work things out via banter thread/PM to shake out the disagreements.  analysis competitions show their face on all forums.  you gotta just sift through what you agree/disagree with.

Or just ignore 10-15 peeps.

8 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

I tell you what. The mods ( @mappy, @H2O) are really dropping the ball here. There is obviously an urgent need to discuss when watches, warnings, etc... need to be posted and to what degree. If the mods had any sense they would devote a separate thread for this. After all the authorities need quick access to this information so that they can make an informed call. And God knows, the storm follows these watches and warnings to a tee so it needs to understand how it is to perform. Come on Mods, pick up your game.

My sarcasm meter went straight through the roof

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

And just like that...the fragile peace that held us together since the last epic fail begins to fray. 

The Northerners are preparing to defend their land with the leadership of @psuhoffman.

giphy.gif

The Western Crew, which has suffered in the desert between the mountains and urban zone are completing final drills. 

giphy.gif

The People of the Bay are doing their ritualistic dance, dressed in navy garb, just as they have done before all the other victories they have secured this season. 

giphy.gif

@H2O has consolidated power over the Virginia Gang and is rallying the people as we speak. 

giphy.gif

The Capital District has Randy. Perhaps the most vicious of us all. 

giphy.gif

My people, the MoCo-HoCo Deathband, have a new leader. He stepped forward from his humble city-state where he only cared about his backyard for his coronation. He shall bring us victory! All hail the King, @Bob Chill

giphy.gif

I would have thought you would have made the new Glen Arm group...lol

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived